Chapter 7: Returning, Nichirin blades

Tanjiro and (Y/N) set off towards Mt. Sagiri after that little conversation they had. The two had walked non stop, now pretty close to their destination.

Both boys were more exhausted than ever, using sticks for balance. The sun was already setting. The two friends had reached a slope.  Looking down, they saw a cabin.

"Ah, we.. finally arrived.." (Y/N) said, the tiredness clear in his voice, closing his eyes. Tanjiro just hummed before starting to make his way down the slope.

Not hearing (Y/N) moving behind him, Tanjiro looked back to see said boy laying down on the ground, then just roll off the slope. With the momentum, (Y/N) was only a few meters from the cabin when he sat up. Tanjiro just looked at him, dumbfounded.

At the sudden commotion, someone kicked the door open with great force. Out walked a girl with long black hair ending with orange. She also had a bamboo muzzle. It was Nezuko.

When she looked at who caused so much noise, her mood immediately changed from annoyed to happy. Nezuko ran over to (Y/N) and  enveloped him in an embrace. Tanjiro finally got to the two. Kneeling down, he hugged the two younger teens, and started tearing up.

"Nezuko! You're awake!" Tanjiro exclaimed happily in between sobs. 

The sound of firewood being dropped could be heard. Suddenly, a tall, tengu masked man joins the group hug.

"You two came back to us alive!" Urokodaki exclaimed, tightening the hug.

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

"So what you're trying to say is that (Y/N) here is half demon?" Urokodaki asked Tanjiro. The group went inside the cabin after a few minutes of hugging to celebrate the two boys' return.

"Yes! His mother was a demon, and his father was a human. And it appears that he can turn into a demon whenever he wants now." Tanjiro looked at the sleeping (Y/N). Nezuko was also awake, listening intently to the two males' conversation while looking at (Y/N).

"I see.." Urokodaki sighed and got up, getting ready to make dinner. "And a few more things about demons. Some have special abilities called a Blood Demon Art. Demons with those powers are harder to defeat. There is an organization called the 'Twelve Kizuki'. The members are the strongest beings amongst demon-kind. Their leader is the demon king, Muzan Kibutsuji. From what I gathered, he might've been the one that murdered your family."

And with that, Sakonji started making dinner, leaving Tanjiro to his thoughts. A few hours later (Y/N) woke up and they ate, celebrating the success of Tanjiro and his best friend, (Y/N).

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

Fifteen days have passed, and (Y/N) was training behind the small cabin in the shade in his demon form.

In the distance, the (H/C) haired boy heard something he could only describe as chimes. He wasn't the only one that heard it, because after he turned back to his human form and went to the front of the cabin, he met Tanjiro, also curious about the mysterious sound.

Tanjiro looked around, and found a person walking towards their shack. Their face was covered by a hat that had multiple wind chimes hanging from it.

"Oh! Is that Urokodaki?" The burgundy haired boy asked out loud, to which in response he only got an 'I don't know' from (Y/N).

The man approached the hut, not saying a word.

"Uh.. nice wind chimes." (Y/N) tried to break the awkward silence.

"I am called Haganezuka. I am he who forged Tanjiro Kamado's and (Y/N) (L/N)'s katana." The man, now known as Haganezuka, explained.

"T-That's us! Please, come inside! The weather is really hot today." Tanjiro beamed.