Chapter 9: Asakusa Part 1

Two days later, in Asakusa.

The two young demon slayers finally arrived in Asakusa after a long two day trip. Since it was night, Nezuko was let out of her box and was walking with Tanjiro and (Y/N).

Both of the boys made weird faces as they got dizzy from all the bright lights.

"What kind of town is this?! It's night, but it's bright out!" (Y/N) thought before grabbing onto both Kamado's sleeves and dragged them away.

They got to a secluded alleyway, but stopped as they saw a couple making out. (Y/N) immediately apologized and got out of there with the two following.

They were now in a small street, a few trees and lamps decorating the area. The only thing that stood out to them was the udon stand on the side of the road and a man, who probably was the owner, leaning onto said stand.

Tanjiro ran up to the stand, immediately ordering. "Can I get two yamakake udon, please?"

"Coming right up." The owner responded.

After getting the two bowls of udon, Tanjiro went over to Nezuko and (Y/N) who were looking more sleepier than ever, they were sitting on a nearby bench.

The burgundy haired male gave his friend one of the two bowls and plopped down next to him on the bench.

But after just taking a bite out of his food, Tanjiro dropped the bowl onto the ground and got up, his face scrunching up like he smelled something horrible. He looked over to (Y/N) who actually fell asleep with the food still in his hands. Nezuko was still awake, looking at Tanjiro confused.

Tanjiro ran off, leaving Nezuko more confused.

Following the scent, the burgundy haired demon slayer was running past multiple groups of people.

"That smell! But why here?! It's the smell that was lingering at my house!" Tanjiro was looking for the owner of the scent desperately. "Muzan Kibutsuji!!"

He finally found him. The man responsible for the death of his family. "It's him!" Tanjiro looked at the back of the man's head with hatred and grabbed onto his left shoulder, making Muzan turn around. 

The demon king just calmly turned around, looking at Tanjiro confused. The demon slayer was about to pull out his katana but decided against it once he saw what, or I should say who he was carrying. A little girl.

"Daddy! Who's that?" The girl asked her father.

Tanjiro just stared at the small family with wide eyes while shivering. "This guy... It's him! He's pretending to be human!!"

"Is there something I can do for you? You appear to be quite upset." Muzan calmly asked the slayer.

"Oh dear.. What's wrong?" A woman, presumably the mother of the child asked.

"Mommy!" The little girl exclaimed. Tanjiro just covered his mouth from the shock.

"Do you know this boy?" The mother asked her husband.

Muzan's voice lowered as he saw the demon slayer uniform on Tanjiro and his katana. "No. Not at all. What a nuisance. I don't know him at all. Perhaps he has mistaken me for someone else?" He tried to distract his daughter and wife, while he sliced a random guy in the back of his neck with his sharp nails.

Blood spurted out of the wound as the man turned into a demon in the matter of seconds and attacked his wife who was walking beside him. He bit into her neck, which snapped Tanjiro out of his shock. 

"STOP!!" He yelled, pushing past a few people.

Everyone around started panicking, asking around for what had happened. Tanjiro tackled the man off of the woman and put his scarf into his mouth as a gag so he won't bite him.

"MA'AM! DON'T WORRY ABOUT HIM AND TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF!! USE THIS CLOTH AND PUT PRESSURE ON THE WOUND!!" Tanjiro yelled amongst the panicking screams towards the woman, throwing a cloth he pulled out from one of his pockets.

Muzan, not wanting to fight the slayer, wanted to get away already. "Rei, this is dangerous. Let's move away." He nudged his wife, who nodded, and they started leaving.

Tanjiro, enraged by Muzan blending in with humans and using them, yelled after him. "MUZAN KIBUTSUJI!! WHEREVER YOU GO, YOU WON'T GET AWAY FROM ME! EVEN IF YOU ESCAPE TO THE DEEPEST DEPTHS OF HELL, I'LL STILL FOLLOW YOU AND THE LAST THING YOUR NECK WILL FEEL IS THE EDGE OF MY SWORD!!" Those words caused Muzan to have flashback about a certain swordsman who had him laying on the ground, nearly dead. "I WILL NEVER FORGIVE YOU!" Tanjiro finished his yelling, now focusing on the man that turned into a demon.

"Those earrings.."

Policemen interrupted the scene, screaming, "You! What are you doing?! Break it up!" Once they got to Tanjiro, they tried to get him off of the man, but the burgundy haired male tried to resist as much as he could

"Please, stop! I'm the only one who can subdue him!" Of course, the policemen thought that the two men on the floor were drunk and still tried to stop the "fight". The man that just turned into a demon turned his head to look at the policemen, and they saw the look on his face.

"AGH! What the..! Look at his face! He's lost his mind! Get him off this guy!" One of the policemen ordered.

"YESSIR!" Another answered.

"STOP! I don't want this man to kill anyone! Don't intervene!" That sentence alone motivated nearby demons to act. The female of the two made a large cut on her arm.

"Scent of Illusory Blood, Visual Dream!" Flowery clouds surrounded the area, dividing the policemen from Tanjiro and the demon. Tanjiro, panicked that another demon started attacking, looked around frantically.

"You.. still use the word "man" for demons. And you try to help them. So I shall help you." The demon woman spoke.

"...Why? Your scent.." Tanjiro muttered.

"Indeed. I... I am a demon, and also a doctor. And I would also like to see Kibutsuji obliterated."