|𝟭𝟳|~ 𝗔 𝗪𝗼𝘂𝗻𝗱 𝗠𝗲𝗻𝗱𝗲𝗱 ∙

Start from the beginning

"And! I see a way out." Looking up, Anna smiles slightly at a small passage at the top of a few rocks stacked atop eachother, forming a rather odd staircase. "I knew I could count on you Olaf." She complements, before getting up and making a beeline for the exit.

Olaf takes a step but stops as his head begins to blur. He shakes his head and groans, while Anna continues to walk ahead.

"Come one, Olaf!" She urges. "Espen and (Y/N) are probably on their way back right now! We can meet them and-!" She stops as a snowflake passes by her face, then another, and another.

"Olaf?" Turning around, Anna watches with wide eyes as the little snowman's body shone just a little bit as little snowflakes moves around him. "What's this?" He asks with a smile. "Are you okay?" Anna asks urgently, to which Olaf responds with a smile.

"I'm flurrying?" He stops his thought. "Wait, no that-that's not it..I'm flurrying..away."

His voice cracks just a bit as he speaks. "The magic in me is, fading!" Anna gasps. "What?" Taking a slow step, the princess bends down to her small friends height, and watches as his face sinks.

"I don't think Espen and (Y/N) are okay."

"I think..they may have gone to far.." Olaf realizes, and frowns as Anna shakes her head. "Anna.." he says softly, "I'm sorry..you're gonna have to do this next part on your own. Okay?"

The princess grabs his shoulders and shakes her head. "Wait, come here." She gently takes him into her arms, and cradles his hand as his eyes begin to loose their shine. "I've got you.."

Olaf chuckles tiredly. "That's good." He takes a moment to stare at her, before speaking again. "I just thought of one thing that's permanent.." Anna replies with a broken smile. "What's that?"

"Love.."

To this the princess releases a chocked laugh. "Warm hugs?" She asks and quickly squeezes her friend tight to her chest while she sobs.

Olaf smiles one last time before releasing his final breath, and whispering. "I like warm hugs.."

Anna chuckles softly as she hears this, and presses her cheek against his forehead. "I love you." She mumbles, hoping that the words reaches him before he left her completely.

...

The flurry of snow all gather outside of the cave, and spark to life as the small salamander watches them with a head tilt and wide eyes.

They begin to gather together in a large cloud, and the small creature whines before curling up into itself and watching its companion disappear with a low frown.

The wind spirit chitters as it gathers the snow and pulls it towards a small nook in behind the waterfall that flowed out of the caves mouth. The snow gently settles into a small lump, with purple flowers surrounding it.

...

The sun had begun to rise as the early hours of morning came and the night had gone.

Anna sniffles when she feels the small source of light touch her skin. She clutched her bag to her chest, and listens as the water drops onto the side of the caves walls. "Olaf? Espen? (Y/N)? What do I do now?" She whimpers.