The Storm Inside of Me

Start from the beginning

Kai takes (Horse Name) from Faunus, bowing gratefully and leads him to the stables as people and guards volunteer.

(Y/N) sneezes and rubs her clothed arms quickly as a gust of wind attacks them, Faunus grimacing at the cold as he begins to lead her back into the castle with him.

"We volunteer two men, My Lord," the Duke calls, making his guards look at him in confusion.

"Be prepared for anything," Duchess whispers to the men. "And if you encounter the King..."

"... You are to put an end to this winter. Do you understand?" Duke finishes, and the men nod with grim faces.

...
..

(Y/N)'s P.O.V

"Well... Avoid the walls," I warn, looking at the dangerous ice spikes in concern. "Elson must have been really distressed for these to be like this..."

"Huh," Kristoff mumbles, "you know him well?"

"Well, yeah. I've known him and Anna all my life," I reply, glancing at Anna.

"Oh," he nods, "so it makes sense you love him. You've known him for more than a day," he directs the end towards Anna in a loud tone, who scoffs and ignores him.

"I don't..." I trail off, rolling my eyes. "Why does everyone think that?"

"Ehh... Not for me to decide I guess. I'll leave that to my friends," Kristoff shrugs and speaks casually, making me snort.

"Oh, yeah. The 'love experts'," I tease with amusement, rolling my eyes. "Come on, Kris. No one is a love expert."

"These guys are, and don't call me that." Kristoff huffs, looking around at the ice spikes. "So... How exactly are you guys planning to stop this weather?"

"Oh, I am gonna talk to my brother," Anna states sternly with a humorless chuckle, smugly smiling.

"Yeah, talking to him sounds good," I agree, and Kristoff looks at us in concern.

"That's your plan? My ice business is riding on you guys talking to him?"

"Yep." Anna nods, Kristoff not paying attention as he walks.

"Kris!" I urgently call, making him halt as his nose presses against an ice spike.

"S--So you're not at all afraid of him?" He squeaks out, swerving around the spike and walking besides Sven.

"Uh. Nope, why would we be?" Anna questions, me nodding in agreement as Olaf skips ahead, walking and prancing backwards.

"Yeah! He seems to be the nicest, gentlest, warmest person ever. And did you know he loves--" Olaf was cut off by being stabbed by an ice spike, his lower body running into the wall as his coal-button pops out.

He looks down, "oh. Look at that," his hands touch the spike, "I've been impaled."

Olaf cackles, making me chuckle and shake my head before Anna and I help him.

...

"Shoot," I mumble as we come to a dead end, none of us noticing the small gap between the two cliffs.

"What now?" Anna sighs, and we both watch as Kristoff examines the rocky wall.

"Mmm..." Kristoff trails off, looking in his bag as Anna and I both nod to each other in determination. "It's too steep. I've only got one rope and you two don't know how to climb mountains."

"Uh, excuse me, check your facts." I grunt, mocking offense as Anna and I slowly climb the wall. "We can climb just fine."

"Yeah!" Anna chuckles, and I hear a small 'whack'.