Chapter 23 - Final

When you finally wake up, you're not really sure what time it is.

The pleasant aches in your body have disappeared. But you still feel every touch. Every thrust.

Every position.

Your cheeks heat up as you cover your face.

"I can't believe it."

You're both speedsters, so you weren't shocked at Eobard's stamina. But even for him that was..intense.

Was it possible to lose count of how many times you came in one night. Because you sure as hell did.

"Feeling a little post sex embarrassment."

You squeal, because he's laying there with a proud smile.

"H-How long have you been awake?!"

"A while. I was just admiring my bashful lover."

Your blush deepens. It's a little weird to see this sweet dopey side of him. The smile he wears is so soft.

"I hope that I'm the only one who ever gets to see those expressions." It's a soft musing, and he brushes the hair out of your face.

"It'll only be you."

He's the only one you want.

~~~

Walking into the Star Labs is embarrassing to say the least. Eobard is wearing a big smile. The first thing you notice is Eli. He approaches, and he looks excited. He moves to hug you but then stops.

"What's wrong?"

You already had your hands out.

"I want to hug you but I'm not sure what fluids are attached to your body."

You flush.

"We were practicing."

"EOBARD!!"

He doesn't look the least bit guilty for traumatizing your future child.

Eli just grumbles with a disgusted look on his face.

"Didn't realize my dad was so shameless." You should expect the behavior by now. Everyone else in the room is just wearing smiles. You may not have recalled all that happened, but it's clear that there's a story.

When Eli takes a step towards Eobard holding out his hand, you don't expect it.

His head is hanging low.

"I'm sorry about what I said. I was hurt and angry. I-I should have had more faith in you. Thank you..for bringing her back." Eli won't really meet Eobard's eyes.

Eobard nods, and you expect him to go in for the shake. But when he steps closer he pulls him into a hug. Eli is stunned, and so are you.

"I love you, and I can't wait to meet you in the future. I'll do it right this time."

Just when you think there would be no more surprises. It takes Eli a moment to respond, and when he does, he buries his face into his father's shoulder and holds on tight. The scene makes your chest warm in the best way.

"Family hug!!" You cheer.

You run into them and Eli begins laughing.

"Mom, we're trying to have another moment!" He says between the tears and laughter. This is the second time that you've done this, and you can tell it makes him secretly happy.

"I know."

You're smiling just as widely as you leave a kiss on Eli's head. Eobard does the same, right after he looks at you, leaning in for a kiss that you return happily.

The team is watching from the sidelines, and Cisco wipes the corner of his eyes.

"Are you crying Ramon?" Harry asks.

"No! I just had something in my eyes. Don't judge me!" Caitlin laughs.

All of you jolt when you hear a crackle of lightning. A huge portal opens behind Cisco and he screams grabbing unto Harry. The dark haired scientist sends him a look, and Cisco pulls away clearing his throat.

"I wasn't scared." Cisco defends.

Harry doesn't believe a word.

You pull back from Eli, and you can see from the look on his face that he doesn't truly want to leave.

"I have to go.."

You know, it doesn't make it hurt any less. It's hard seeing such a bright future and then slowly waiting for it to become reality. Eobard gives Eli one last pat on his head.

"Thank you for everything, son."

Those words bring back the tears in Eli's eyes. He laughs it off.

"Jeez you got so soft." He wipes his eyes into his shirt as he moves towards the portal. You grab his hand out of instinct and he halts, looking back. When you realize you release.

"S-Sorry I just.." You aren't sure what to say.

He smiles.

"I know."

He doesn't need an explanation. He runs in for one final hug, kissing you on the cheek. When he pulls back, he shows a peace sign.

"Say hi to baby me I guess!!" He's wearing a grin.

Before he steps inside, he takes one last look at everyone.

"Thank you all, for everything."

Barry means to thank Eli. Because his appearance has solidified Eobard's humanity. Something he can't say he always thought was possible.

"As they say in this time, catch you on the flip side!"

You smile at him with all the love you felt since the moment he showed up. He looks pretty cheeky, zooming right into the portal with a salute. The portal is gone shortly after. There's a strange sense of relief. Because although you wish he could stay forever. You know he's back where he belongs. So you don't dwell on the fact that he's gone.

Because you know you will see him again.

"Goodbye Eli."

You never thought you would be here. Having a family with Eobard of all people. But you don't regret a thing. You're just happily awaiting what the future brings.