Chapter 19

"Yesterday was pretty crazy."

Crazy was an understatement.

Walking around in the kitchen, Eobard watches you carefully.

"It's amazing that we have a son." You nod, preparing the meal.

"It is."

You speak absentmindedly. That was quite the shock to both of you. Barry had told you of his experiences with time traveling children. It was trippy just thinking about it. But ever since Cisco had that vibe, everything has changed. Your abilities have, and so have your feelings. It's crazy to imagine that someone like Eobard was able to feel something other than hate.

Eli coming here to this time brings up a bit of conflict. There were still parts of this relationship that carried a burden. But that changes day by day.

You turn to Eobard, a thoughtful look on your face. Eli was still very much stuck with you both in the past, so for now he'd spend the time with you and Eobard. You were preparing to have dinner.

As a family.

"We have a son, so that means at some point we.."

You can't help but let your thoughts stray. Eobard is gathering plates and you're so distracted that you don't hear his call. It's only when he's right in front of you that you tune back in. Eobard is smirking.

"What's got you so distracted?"

"N-Nothing!!"

He doesn't believe you. You can tell he's about to say something snide. You're not really sure if you're the one who moves, but your lips press softly to his. It's obvious he doesn't expect it. Your tongue slips past his lips, and he drops the plates in his hands, pushing you to the counter. You're both so invested in the kiss that you don't hear or see the lightning zipping into the room

"Mom! Dad are you guys..."

Eli's words trail off at the sight of you both shamelessly making out in front of him.

"Gross! Come on, not when I'm in the house!" You pull back, covering your lips.

"E-Eli!"

"Yep, just me. I thought you guys were getting attacked by some villain, turns out you were attacking each other."

You're blushing.

"How do you think you're born?" Eobard comments. Eli makes a face.

"Well, I'm gonna jump off a cliff now cause that's imprinted in my brain forever." He walks out of the kitchen, and you averted Eobard's gaze bashfully.

"You started it."

"S-Seriously, are you twelve!" You protest.

He just grins.