Chapter 12

"Hell of a day."

That was an understatement.

Surprisingly, Eobard has actually apologized to Barry. Not just for his reaction to the discovery. But everything. All of you had been trying to save him, despite everything he'd done, and you can tell that he truly understands the weight of that now. 

Barry didn't say much, but you knew he acknowledged the words he spoke. You decided maybe it was better that he explored other areas than just Star Labs. It's understandable that he was so irritated being there constantly. You offered to look after him, just to give them all a piece of mind. 

Joe sent a casual warning Eobard's way, and so did Harry. You know for a fact it carries weight. He'd been tinkering with things since the speedster showed up, no doubt building his contingency plan. With the misunderstandings resolved, everything feels lighter.

Eobard walks into your apartment, and you smile. This is the first time he's been here. Barry was extra careful, even when you explained that you trusted the speedster.

"I laid out some clothes for you on the bed. I'm sure you're tired of the same old star labs logo, not to mention those dark clothes. " You went shopping as a surprise earlier, way before the whole showdown.

"Make yourself at home."

You gesture to the bedroom to show him where to get changed, but he takes your hand. The sparks of the speedforce reflect off your hands, and you both stare.

"Don't ever leave me, please."

He's been scared to lose you this entire time. He knows it's unfair to tie you down. But he's never been known for his selflessness. This time, the selfish nature is for something other than power, or revenge.

"I won't. I promise." You intend to keep it too.

"Does this mean you're finally going to let me tie you up?" You blush, pouting as you turn.

"Way to spoil a good mood." You huff. He pulls you into his chest, and you flush at the feel of his solid body pressed to your back.

"Who says the mood is spoiled?" His husky tone whispers.

Damn this man.

"You have no idea how much I'd like to do to your body. So innocent. I'll taint every bit of you. " You swallow. This is getting a bit dangerous for your heart.

"We can start in the bedroom, or in the shower if you prefer. How about bent over the table?" 

That's the last straw.

"I-I'm going to take a shower!" 

You speed away, and Eobard laughs when he hears the bathroom door slam shut. 

Just because he wasn't a villain anymore didn't mean he couldn't get up to a little mischief.