ch 32; The battle at hyrule castle, pt. 1

Start from the beginning

When the beast flies toward Midna with open mouth as it is about to devour her, she teleports out of the way where she ends up next Link at the ground.
She gives Link a side-look while the beast seems confused from losing track of her.
" Let's try another plan..." she says and startled him a little.

Link glances at her a brief moment until the eyes move back to the beast.
" ... Like what?..." he asks while the dragon takes a turn in the sky before diving toward them.

"... You will distract him while I'm trying to make him throw up... Maybe we can get the stone out from the system by getting him to puke?" She suggests.

Link jolts where he turns the face toward her.
" WHa-..." he gasps when he hears the roaring from the dragon just a few meters away from them.

"... Distract him..." Midna says before disappearing again.

The hylian hisses when he sees how close the dragon is in the corners of the eyes.
Reflexively, he jumps out of the way and feels how the wind increases the second the dragon passes him.
The increased blow of wind makes him lose footing a little where the feet slide along grassy ground.

Since the dragon is Ganondorf, he is feeling a bit hesitant, but in the end, he dashes toward the dragon who is still passing. He extends the hand with the sword where the tip of the sword runs across the dragon's body while the beast is still moving.
Almost pure black blood splashes out from the long and open wound. Causing the dragon to shriek in pain.

The dragon wriggles a little before it turns around, where it glares annoyed at him with empty eyes where he can't see any soul in. Only emptiness and evil.

The dragon opens the mouth where dark material starts forming a ball where purplish electricity is pulsing from the ball formed thing.

Link inhales sharply where he holds the damaged shield up in front him. Feeling nervous that the shield might not last the whole attack.
Lucky him, Midna stops the attack before it even gets fired.

The twili woman made a few hands gesture from the sky, where she grabs the hands together and swings them downward.
Above the dragon two similar hands in huge size attacks the dragon like a hammer. Causing the dragon to swallow its dark material ball while landing hardly at the ground with the stomach planting on the ground first and very hard.

The huge hands disappeared after the attack, and at first nothing seems happening. Except Link was exhaling in relief and lowered the damaged shield.

But, a while later the beast starts retching where a big bulge starts moving along the throat from inside.

Link raises an eyebrow.
The moment when the beast throws green slime up along with a blond woman, he wides the eyes with mixed emotions in the face. Shock, disgust and more shock.

The dragon shakes the head before flying up to the sky again.

When Link sees how the blond woman starts moving where she also coughes, he runs toward her and kneels down next to her.
"... Hey... Are you alright?" He asks with a hand on her shoulder when she sits up.

The hylian woman grunts surprised and blinks at him.
"... Link?"

Link tilts the head.
"... Do we know each other?"

The woman inhales sharply.
" Oh... Ehm... Not really, I'm Princess Zelda. The other Link's half sister... And apparently yours as well... But more about that later... We need to take care of the beast before it's too late... Now, without me inside of him to control his actions... He can do more harm... And, we have less time to take care of him...'" she explains and is surprised to see someone who somewhat looks like her Link, but at the same time, not.

Link drops the hand and nods while she stands up.
"... You are right... But... Sadly, I can't see the secret stone. So, I have no idea how to save the day..."

Zelda exhales through the nose while looking up at the dragon.
"... Yes, you can... You just don't know that yet... But, don't be afraid... Things will soon be obvious, and you will see things more clearly..." she tells him while the moon starts arising.

The princess starts sweating from being nervous, where she also swallows hardly with clenched fists.
"... I just hope we don't make a mistake and need to deal with two beasts instead of one..." she adds while the dark sky starts turning red from the light of the moon.

Link wides the eyes in terror and gasps where he looks up at the sky. The heart pounds faster from seeing the blood moon. The cursed moon. Shit... Of all days... It's such bad timing to be a blood moon tonight. Now, when he needs to be a hero for everyone.

With the sight of the blood moon and its red light on his body, the body starts reacting by increasing in size and growing fur, fangs, and claws. Causing the clothes and boots to rip apart a little. There, the claws from the toes are peeking out from the damaged boots' front.

A while later, the werewolf howls loudly in the night of the blood moon.

Zelda glances nervously at the animal next to her.
"... Remember Link... We need you. Do you see the secret stone with your new eyes?" She asks while Midna gets over to her side in case the hylian princess needs a helping hand.

The werewolf growls in annoyance and glares at her with the fangs gritted.

Midna inhales deeply.
" LINK! Be a good dog and put those fangs away... We are not your enemy... And the dragon over there is your husband... And he needs your help to break the curse... So, be a good dog and sniff out the secret stone to break that curse..." she tells him where her words snap him back.

The darkness in the werewolf's eyes disappeared, and a new glow appeared in them. He whimpers with the ears lowered as he tries to apologize.

Midna smiles and approaches him, where she extends an arm slowly toward him.
The werewolf tilts the head down while leaning forward.
The twili woman rubs the hand over the top of his head.
" You are forgiven... As long you can be meaningful for me... So, find that secret stone and destroy it..." she says and takes the hand away from him.

The werewolf nods and looks up at the dragon where he can see something golden glow from the bottom part of the dragon's right side of the body. The side where Link hadn't harmed with the sword.
The werewolf lets go off the shield, who thuds down on the ground, but clenches the hand tighter around the twin sword.
Then he runs forward, where he jumps against the dragon.

Despite the dragon is a few meters up, the werewolf can still reach him from the ground.

The dragon tries protesting from having an unwelcome visitor climbing across the body. But no matter how much he squirms and wriggles, the werewolf remains on him with the claws deep into the scaled body.

When the werewolf reaches the right part of the body where the secret stone glows from inside, he starts pointing the sword at that part.

Zelda swallows hardly.
"... If we are lucky... His sword is strong enough to break the secret stone..." she mumbles.

Midna flinches the eyes away from Link and the dragon and down at Zelda.
She hums asking.

The werewolf grits the teeth and swings the arm forward with the sword in its hand. The sword penetrates the hard body and makes a wetly, splashing sound.
The tip of the sword hits the secret stone, and small cracks start spreading along the teardrop shaped stone.
An enormous energy starts running through the sword and up through Link's furry arm.
It's painful, and the werewolf whimpers from the pain.

For a brief moment, it seems as if the twin sword is strong enough to break the secret stone. But, out of nowhere, the sword breaks apart from being overloaded by the stone's energy. And a wave of energy throws the werewolf off of the dragon's body where he thuds hardly at the ground. With a nasty burn on the arm.

That's it... The fragment of hope they were feeling a few seconds ago vanished in a blink of an eye... And the worst part... Link was so close to break that stone. Now is the twin sword broken, and Link might not be able to fight with that fried arm...
Is the hope over?