Y/N|
No, it's fine|
You don't need to rush|

|Sae
|Thanks for understanding

Y/N|
No problem!!|
But I wish to see you soon|

"So... are you done lying to my daughter?" Y/N's dad asked as he peeked over Sae's shoulder and read the chats between the two which made him flinch and shut his phone off. "You shouldn't read someone's chats like that!" Sae complained and Y/N's dad shrugged as he continued to watch the television and cheer for his daughter wearing a jersey with her name on it and waving banners inside the house. "My daughter was incredible! I am so proud of her!!" 

"But what were you lying to Y/N about? You aren't cheating on her right?!" Y/N's mom asked and Sae shook his head sideways without wasting a second. "I am not cheating on her!"

"You better not!" Y/N's dad added and Sae chuckled nervously before he turned down the volume of the television which caught the attention of both of Y/N's parents "What's wrong?" 

"Sir, Ma'am... I wanted to ask you something."

"What's with this formal tone? I don't like it." Y/N's dad stated and Sae took in a deep breath "I would like to marry Y/N!!" As the words left Sae's mouth, there was a moment of silence in the room as Y/N's parents processed what they had just heard. Y/N's mom looked surprised but pleased, while her dad wore a stern expression, contemplating the request. "You guys aren't married yet?" He stated leaving Sae dumbfounded as he questioned his own hearing skills "Huh? sorry what?" 

"Honey, they aren't married" Y/N's mom reminded and that information made him question his whole life. "I must've dreamt about them then..." he mumbled to himself. Y/N's mom tried to suppress a laugh at her husband's misunderstanding, but she managed to compose herself.

"Um, no, we're not married," Sae finally replied, a mixture of surprise and amusement evident on his face. "We've been in a committed relationship for eight years, and we love each other deeply," Sae explained. "But we haven't taken that step yet. I wanted to ask for your blessing before officially proposing to Y/N."

Y/N's mom smiled warmly at Sae. "That's thoughtful of you. We appreciate you coming to us first."

Y/N's dad nodded, now fully aware of the situation. "But I have already accepted you as my son-in-law! You'll still be my son-in-law if Y/N rejects you!" He cheered and fist-bumped Sae's chest. 

"So~ How do you plan on proposing to her?" Y/N's mom asked. "Well, I want to make the proposal special and meaningful for Y/N," Sae began. "We've shared so many wonderful memories together over these eight years, and every time I tried to surprise her she would always figure it out... So I want to propose to her when she least expects it to!!" 

Sae continued, "So I would like your help in making this proposal come to life~"

Y/N's dad nodded and clapped "That's a nice plan indeed! Sae! You can trust me! I will help you make his proposal grand!"

Sae smiled gratefully at Y/N's dad's offer of help. "Thank you, sir! Your support means a lot to me, and I would be honored to have your help in making this proposal special for Y/N."

Y/N's mom joined in the excitement. "We're thrilled to be a part of this wonderful moment in both of your lives. It's heartwarming to see how much you care for each other."

"We've seen how much you've grown together over these years," Y/N's dad said warmly. "And I can tell how deeply you love Y/N, Sae. You're a part of our family already, and we want to make sure this proposal is everything she's ever dreamed of."