A Dark Memory

*TRIGGER WARNING*

This story contains sensitive material throughout referring to sexual violence. This warning will be placed on the main chapters with references to these themes.

Viewers discretion is advised.

Day 11

Eve opened her eyes and immediately her head hurt. She groaned, clutching it with both hands.

"Eve?" She heard Adam call in surprise.

She blinked her eyes open, her vision trying to adjust to the brightness. She spotted Adam as he ran over to where she was laying on the bed and sat down next to her. He grabbed her face in his hands gently, his thumbs stroking her cheeks. He looked into her eyes, his expression a mix of guilt and worry.

It was then that she remembered what happened and her face crumpled as she started to cry. Adam pulled her into his arms and hugged her softly as her tears soaked into his shirt. She gasped, unable to hold back her emotions as she recalled the awful events of last night. Jason had been close to doing the unthinkable and still managed to get far. She felt dirty and tainted, like his touch had permanently stained her memory with disgust. She shivered, feeling so helpless that she could do nothing to stop him.

"I'm so sorry, Eve." Adam whispered, guilt lacing his voice.

She tried to calm herself down, taking deep, labored breaths. She hugged his neck tightly, holding on as if she would fall if she didn't. She managed to pull herself together after a few minutes and started sniffling, feeling like a mess.

She leaned back and started wiping her face vigorously, her cheek stinging where Jason had smacked her. She looked up at Adam who was watching her with a worried look on his face. He put his hands on her shoulders and leaned his forehead against hers. Eve closed her eyes, finding comfort in his touch.

"I'm ok now." She whispered, opening her reddened eyes again to look up at him.

Adam stroked her cheek gently.

"Did.......did he make you do anything?" He asked hesitantly.

Eve shook her head. "No. If you hadn't showed up when you did-" She cut off as her voiced choked up.

"Shhh." Adam leaned forward and kissed her forehead.

Eve felt fresh tears slide down her cheeks, but Adam quickly brushed them away.

"It's alright, Eve. You're safe now. You have no idea how guilty I feel for what happened to you. I should have gone to look for you sooner. I heard Jason shout and I just knew something was wrong. I'm just glad you're ok." He whispered, sounding like he was choking up as well.

Eve grabbed his forearms, squeezing them gently.

"I'm ok. The only person who should feel guilty about what happened is Jason." She said, spitting Jason's name out like dirt on her tongue.

Adam suddenly looked angry, glancing to the side as he glared at the ground.

"I should have beat him until he was black and blue. I should have fucking killed him." He growled.

Eve touched his face, giving him a worried glance.

"What did happen to him?" She asked quietly.

Adam seemed to calm down, turning his attention back to her.

"He's at the clinic with a concussion. I hit him pretty hard. He hasn't woken up yet. David said he'll deal with him when he does." Adam said.