4.

CARA'S POV.

I woke up feeling hungover to the high heavens, Kendall was still fast asleep next to me. I'm confused, I don't know what Kendall wants. We keep 'accidentally' kissing and then just pretending nothing happened the next day, maybe she's realised I'm an amazing lover and just wants a little taste every now and then because she can't help herself. But then again she's probably just as confused as I am about this whole situation.

I want Kendall, I want Kendall to want me more than anything else. Thinking was making my brain hurt so I decided to try and go back to sleep, but the thoughts now racing around my mind were preventing me from doing so. I lay, staring at the ceiling, trying to work out wether it was healthy to occasionally kiss your best friend and then just brush it under the rug.

After around half an hour I heard Kendall begin to stir, she groaned,

"Cara, what time is it?"

"Quarter past one,"

"It's late," She whined,

"And what? We're grown-ups!"

Kendall sighed,

"Cara, what are we doing?"

"What do you mean?"

"I mean, like in general. We keep kissing and I don't how to feel or how I'm supposed to feel or how you feel and I just think we need to talk,"

"Nice monologue,"

"Thanks,"

"We do need to talk though," I agreed, there was an awkward silence, "Do you umm enjoy our occasional kisses?"

"Kinda," She answered,

What!? She's enjoying this as well?

"How much?" I asked, starting to tease her now,

"This much," She laughed, spreading her arms as wide as she could, I laughed too.

"So where do we go from here?" I asked her, she didn't respond, she bit her lip nervously and she shrugged,

"How about to bed?" I whispered in her ear, she looked at me, her eyes wide, she grinned and just like that our lips locked, as if they were made to be together, I bit her bottom lip gently and pulled her on top of me.

"What's this going to be like?" She asked me, breathless,

"Short and sweet," I answered,

And short and sweet it was, she fell to the side of me panting,

"God, Cara," She said once she'd regained her breath slightly, "You're good,"

"I know," I replied, grinning,

"But where do we go from here?" She asked me,

"God Kendall! Sex to serious questions in a nanosecond,"

"Stop dodging the question,"

"I don't know,"

"Me neither,"

"What do you want Kendall?"

"I want to try," I could see tears forming in her big brown eyes,

"Me too," I replied and I honestly did, I put my arms around her, she nuzzled her head into my chest, "I love you Kendall,"

"I love you too Cara,"

We talked for awhile about the practicalities of our relationship, we agreed to keep it a secret for a little while and not tell anyone while we tested to see if it could work. We went out for lunch and then came back to my house, it was warm for once and we had to enjoy this weather while it lasted, we went out to my backgarden and I laid down on a sunlounger by the pool. She laid on the one next to me and we held hands, our arms dangling in the gap in between our chairs, we laid in the sun, in silence for a good couple of hours until the soft break of evening disturbs our bliss.
"It's getting dark isn't it," Kendall whispered,
"And cold," I whispered back,
"Come lay with me, Cara,"