Chapter 11

I busied myself with work after that. There were a lot of customers, so naturally I never had the time to look at him anymore. Jisoo was working alongside me as well, and there weren't much exchanges between us.

Finally, after an overtime of an hour, we could finally close the shop. Jisoo excused herself as soon as we finished cleaning...telling that she isn't feeling really well and went home. I knew it was just an excuse of her to push me to talk to Jungkook, but I did not stop her.

So after making sure I had locked the door, I came out to Jungkook leaning across a lamp post.....clearly waiting for me. 

"Jungkook, let's go."

He promptly took away my bag, and started walking.

"Whoa give my-"

"No need. It's just a bag and it's light. I can carry it for you."

Such a gentleman.

I did not say anything more, and we went back to a comfortable silence. It was already late at night, and there were few vehicles and even fewer people outside. I was actually thankful that Jungkook was here, or else I would have had a hard time going home from here this late alone. 

"Thank you." I said after a long silence. We were just walking slowly on the sidewalk without talking, so I decided to break the silence.

"What for?"

"For walking me home today. I have actually never been this late before, so I would definitely be scared to death."

I could sense the mild curving of his lips under the streetlights.

"Don't stay out late from now on. It is indeed dangerous at night."

I rolled my eyes. I had just wanted to initiate a conversation but this guy is already lecturing me.

"Yes your majesty."

He threw his head over while laughing out loud, and I swear it was the most beautiful sight I had ever seen. 

Under the streetlights and desolate streets, snow falling over our heads--- wait....

Snow!?

I had failed to realise when it had started snowing. Shit! I didn't have a scarf. All I was wearing was the sweater over my clothes that Jisoo's mom made as a Christmas gift. Oh no!

I was mentally thinking about the ways to be less cold in this weather because there is still some time to reach home. Normally me and Jisoo take the last bus home but today it is late.

I heard a sigh from him. Before I could look up, he pulled me by my arm and I was standing in front of him.

He looked at me for a moment, before unwrapping his scarf from his neck.

"It was going to snow today. You did not know? Or do you love to get cold?"

Saying so, he carefully wrapped the red scarf on my neck and secured it lightly with a knot. I did not fail to notice the gentleness in his tone or the way he wrapped the woollen fur. A sweet smell of flowers hit my nose, probably his perfume.

"Thank you." I said, a sudden shyness overcoming in my heart. He chuckled.

"You have said that more than enough for today. Save some for the coming days as well."

"But you don't have anything warm on your body. You can get sick. And that's the last thing I want. So..."

"Do you care that much about me?"