Chapter 13

It was the day of the competition.

It was the freaking day of the competition.

All through my walk to school, I almost ate up all of my nails in anxiety.

"Calm down Y/N, you are scaring me now..." Jisoo gently caressed my shoulder in a futile attempt to calm me down.

"You don't understand Sooyaa....if I am this tensed, think about Jungkook. He must be going crazy right now."

Jisoo sighed beside me.

"Y/N....he came all the way last night just to see you. Do you know what that means? You are his strength. If you yourself lose your shit....how will he manage it? You are worried about him, right? Then please, calm yourself down first. He has practised hard enough and hard work never goes in vain. Remember that."

I nodded warily, but continued to chew on my bottom lip.

.................................................................

"Hey Kook!"

I ran up to him as soon as I spotted him in the dressing room, trying to seem as normal as possible and not show him how I was literally shaking on the inside.

I had to come early and do some preparations along with Cha Chisoo, so I could not immediately meet him.

Seeing me, his concentrated face lit up with a smile.

"Hey Y/N! You finally came. I thought you won't."

"Psst..how can I do that?" I smacked him playfully on his arm. "Who will beat the shit out of all those who want our club to fail if not me?"

He laughed out loud at my joke.

"Thank you for coming..."

I smiled sincerely. "Always..."

We stared at each other, lost in the eyes, for God knows how long, until I remembered something very important.

"Oh by the way....I brought you something...." I fiddled inside my pocket to reach for the object I had spent a whole time making a few nights before. 

He looked up at me in surprise after seeing that.

"A bracelet?"

I nodded hastily.

"I made this a few days before, but almost forgot to give it to you. It is a friendship bracelet...and a lucky charm. Wear this, so you get the strength to be successful in whatever you put all your efforts in."

Saying so, I pulled his hand and carefully tied it around his wrist. Admiring the changed look of his wrist for a moment, I finally looked up to him.

He was looking deep in my eyes...the way he looks whenever he sees me for more than five minutes.

I did not lower my gaze either. I slowly reached out to touch his cheek, which was unbelievably smooth....and let my fingers linger there.

"Best of luck, Bunbun. You can do it."

He smiled lightly, and nodded slowly.

I lowered my hands and took his strong ones in between my slender fingers.

"I will always be by your side, watching you, cheering for you, even when I can't help you. I promise."

He slowly brushed my hands with the pad of his thumbs.

"I know."

He remained silent for sometime before saying.

"Y/N....I will win this game...for you."