Chapter 6

"Jungkook!"

Seungmin's loud exclamation brought me out of my thoughts. Looking up from the notebook where I had been calculating the club's expenses of the month, I was met with Jungkook's eyes staring straight at me.

His eyes were brighter than the past days, and he was smiling. When Junseon and Seungmin literally jumped over their friend, he giggled with them.

"Ya Jungkook you punk! Why were you so dull the whole week? Huh? Is that how you would do Taekwondo?" Cha Chisoo said and landed a light punch on his stomach. He giggled like a bunny again. 

Soon, the whole room was filled with laughter and giggles, transforming the mood instantly from a gloomy den to a bright sunny room. It felt as if someone had lighted an extinguished candle again, and the candle filled a room with sudden brightness.

Unknowingly, I smiled.

For the few days I have been here in this club, the boys have become the friends I never had. Each and every member of this club is equally sweet, even though their muscular physique attracts the myth that they are arrogant and violent. In this short amount of time, they made me feel comfortable working and being around them. Even Cha Chisoo is a big softie inside a hard shell. Jungkook was no different.

"Hey Jungkook! What have you decided then? Are you going to duel against Cheon Muho? You aren't tensed, right?"

Cha Chisoo's question made me look at Jungkook. But to my utter surprise, I saw his eyes already on me. When I looked at him, he diverted his gaze to Chisoo.

"Yes. I am going to duel against Muho. I will practice with whatever I have. I will even practice overtime if required. I will try everything to win this game. We have to save this club. Also, someone questioned me why I do Taekwondo..." His eyes rested on me. "The real reason I do Taekwondo is because it is my passion and also to save people. I believe Taekwondo will make me capable enough to stand up against the injustices of society."

My smile grew bigger and bigger with every word he said. I did it! I finally was able to motivate someone to fight back and answer the people who think they are powerful enough to bully the weak. More importantly, Jungkook was able to come out of his fears and face problems bravely. 

Good job girl!

Jungkook went further from the group and came closer to me. My heartbeat suddenly accelerated, seeing his perfectly sculpted face which seems more handsome the closer he is.

"Y/N, thank you."

And I felt myself getting engulfed in his strong muscular arms. His embrace was surprisingly warm and comfortable, and I fit in it like a puzzle piece.

It lasted a few seconds, because he pulled away and smiled at me.

"I will try to win. For us."

I blushed at his actions but smiled back at him nonetheless.

"I am glad, Jungkook."

-------------------------------------------

That day and the next day went with Jungkook training hard under Cha Chisoo. 

He underwent some stretching exercises (which made me wonder whether he actually sprained any of his body parts during the seemingly painful process) and a mock duel with Chisoo.

No matter what he did, my eyes could not get off him during the whole practice sessions. He seemed passionate and engrossed in whatever he did, which made him look undeniably handsome. But when he was off work, or while saying something to Chisoo, he would immediately transform to a bunny, his bambi eyes growing rounder than usual.