Chapter 9

That night, as I lay on bed beside Jisoo, I could not help but think about Jungkook continuously.

Is he asleep by now? Is he stressing too much? Is he eating well? Did I go overboard in inspiring him to fight for what is right? Is it becoming too much for him?

All I wanted is to see him happy. His burdened look everytime Cheon Muho is mentioned isn't something anyone would like to see in that normally bright guy. He needs to let go of his past in order to see the present. More importantly, he needs to let go of his fears.

Sighing heavily, I decided to share my thoughts to the only person I knew would hear me in any situation.

"Sooyaa...are you asleep yet?"

"Hmm? No Y/N.....do you wanna talk about anything?"

I rolled over and hugged her tightly.

"You know me well."

"Of course I do. You would have been asleep long ago if there wasn't something going on in your mind." She declared proudly. I chuckled. "Now spill the tea please. The suspense is killing me." 

I rolled my eyes at my sometimes dramatic bestie.

"I was thinking....if you really want to convey to anyone that you are always there for them, how can you do it...except like....telling them?"

"So you already told them?"

"Hmm...but I need something more to make them believe in it firmly...."

"Gosh Y/N! If somebody refuses to believe in anything which you have said with sincerity then you should just leave them alone..."

I facepalmed myself.

"Sooyaa..." I whined. "Don't be so stone hearted...you don't even know the full story."

"And you don't have to be so kind always. People are going to take advantage of you." Jisoo said in her typical motherly tone.

"Sooyaa....." I whined again, this time a little more exaggerated. "Won't you help me? Pretty please?"

She sighed audibly.

"I have to, or else people will continue to take advantage of your kind heart."

"So tell me...what can I do?"

She thought for some time, scrunching up her nose two times in the process.

"You can gift them something....something that would be appreciated by them. Sometimes the abstract ideas can be believed more firmly by seeing a concrete object."

A gift? Me? To Jungkook?

I had honestly no idea what he liked. I didn't even know if he liked receiving gifts from others. Moreover, what gift can I give him, when me myself struggle to make ends meet?

"What? Y/N, don't tell me you are thinking of getting that 'somebody' a very expensive gift?" Jisoo stared at me wildly. I just pouted.

She facepalmed dramatically.

"Oh no! What will I do with such a silly girl? What are you going to do in life except for studying?

.....Listen, I assume that they are really special to you, since you wouldn't be so bothered to cheer for them if they were not. And that means they are good to you. So if you want to cheer them up, a simple gift would be enough."

She hugged me back and placed her head in the crook of my neck.

"And if they don't like it.....just punch them on the face. Tell me if you ever need a help in that."