Chapter 26

"Confess..."

"Confess."

"Confess!"

Everywhere (Name) went aboard their weeks-long journey, one of the girls would appear when she least expected it and remind her of what needed to be done. There was no escaping them when they could finally see the light at the end of the tunnel. Their ship was finally going to sail!

Meanwhile, a different trouble was occurring. Senku and Ryuusui were having a heated argument. The reason? Surprisingly not about (Name) for once. They were trying to decide the route they would take to get to America.

"Forty days!" Senku said.

"Seventy days!" Ryuusui shot back.

"Fighting is... no good!" Taiju shoved both apart, sending them flying.

"Although they fight quite often, this is the first time I've seen it be something that isn't (Name)-chan..." Gen mused. "Did something happen between the two, I wonder?"

"If you can't solve anything, there's another way to come to decide," (Name) said, clearly avoiding direct eye contact with Senku. "I remember seeing Ryuusui bring that aboard..."

"That?"

★彡

Not even half an hour later, the two were sat at a table, a game of poker set up and ready to go. Courtesy of Yuzuriha's designer clothes, the two were adorned with the fanciest suits as they played the match that would decide the course of their journey.

"Why obsess over the fancy clothes?" Senku grumbled as he loosened his cravat slightly.

"Haha! Isn't it obvious? We have to show the audience that this is a formal affair! That way, they'll be more inclined to obey the winner, who will obviously be me!" Ryuusui smirked.

Out of nowhere, Gen stepped in, shuffling the guards, taking on the position of game master. "Hello, Senku-chan! Sorry about this. I'm afraid I must align myself with Team Ryuusui this time."

Kohaku perked up at the chance and spoke a few words to Francois who nodded their head, directing (Name) to a connecting room under the guise of finding some clothing for Kohaku to wear.

"Apologies, (Name)-sama," the butler bowed. Before the girl could even enquire what they were referring to, she was spun like a spinning top, and in a matter of seconds, she was changed into a dazzling formal dress and brought out of the closet.

"Perfect, you're just on time!" Kohaku said, shoving the girl to the table. "Senku needs some capable eyes to keep Gen from doing under-the-table tricks. Who better than the eyes of our young angel?~"

"W-What...?" The girl's eyes were still dazed from being spun around by Francois.

★彡

"The winner is Senku!" Minami declared.

With his loss, Ryuusui decided his one moment of victory would be the establishment of his own casino aboard the Perseus, along with the opening of Francois' bar. Although she had known for a while, (Name) couldn't believe the liveliness of the crew went up from the plan Gen devised to keep spirits high on their month-long trip. While they were in high spirits, she decided to throw in a few more surprises she knew would elevate that spirit even more.

Hyouga has joined the party!

And under his conditions for joining the kingdom of science, he asked for the revival of Mozu and Homura, both of whom (Name) had already planned on bringing to their side. Although they were former enemies, after earning their respect by winning against them in battle, they were sure to have softened up a bit.