Chapter 1

People parted way for the towering and stampeding cloud that raced down the halls of the science building to the lab tucked neatly near the end of the hallway. His large strides and thunderous footsteps echoed through the halls, alerting everyone in the vicinity. As soon as he stands before his destination, he slams the sliding door wide open, so powerfully, one would think an earthquake just occurred.
"Listen up, Senku, (Name)!" Taiju exclaimed with clenched fists and a bright red painted on his cheeks. "I've decided! Today's the day that I'm going to tell Yuzuriha these feelings I've had inside for the past 5 years!"
The young angel girl resting her arms on the bench top, watching as the other boy put together the complex contraption, lifted her resting head from her arms and turned her attention to the boisterous young man that had invaded into the science lab, a bright smile crept upon her lips as she heard the news.
"That's great-" she chirped.
"Oh? Now that is something I'm quite interested in, indeed." Senku cut her off, earning a slight glare from the girl. He noticed this and grinned devilishly, causing her to huff and turn her head away, crossing her arms across her chest. "I'll be cheering you on so loud, my vocal cords might tear... from here in the science classroom that is."
(Name) lightly slapped Senku's arm for his cheeky words.
Of course, Taiju being the dense person he is, fails to pick up on Senku's sarcasm. "Oooh, great! Thanks a ton, Senku!"
"Just be quiet already... as if I'd give a millimetre of cheering, you big oaf." He turned back to his table, grabbing a flask of dangerous looking liquid, completely ignoring Taiju's exclamation of confusion. "I'll give you a method so rational and sound, it'll knock you off your feet."
"Nah-ah," (Name) quickly slid past, grabbing the flask as she went. "We do not pull pranks that kill our friends."
Senku clicked his tongue. "What?! You were going to poison me?!" Taiju exclaimed with wide eyes.
Before Senku could say anything else, (Name) swept by and shoved the colossal man out of the room. "Don't you suppose you should go now? You can't keep Yuzuriha waiting, can you?" And just like that he took off like the speed of light. The girl smiled proudly at her hard work getting the man back on track of his objective for the day. Spinning on her heel, she grabbed Senku's hand and pulled him to the window to observe the ongoing confession below, far too invested in another love story to notice her own as Senku's eyes trailed the outline of their intertwined hands, relishing in the fading warmth as she let go.
"I've got a hundred yen on him getting full-on dumped."
"Five hundred."
"A thousand for me."
"A hundred thousand that he won't get dumped." (Name) said confidently. She had full faith in the love between her best friends.
"Same here." Senku added, backing up his lab partner. Flashing her the smile she had always put her trust in since they were children.
She had to admit, however, Taiju was somewhat a romantic fellow. Picking such a great time and place for his confession. The back of the school building where not many people would be watching, allowing them the privacy they needed for their precious moment, while still having enough eyes to witness his moment. A tree nearby that would represent their love, sturdy and strong against all conflict and disaster. An open area that gave way to the gentle breeze that would calm both their nerves with the scent of nature growing nearby. And the peach and orange skies that would normally have birds flying by now... and the luminous green at the setting sun's horizon-
"Green...?" She murmured as she processed the sight before her eyes.
"(Name)!" Senku yelled as he dropped his drink can, reaching out to hold (Name) safe. Their gazes held onto each other, absorbing every inch of each other's facial features, memorising them, and slowly lost vision staring at each other, hands barely an inch apart from reaching each other. And then there was rigid darkness.

In her unconsciousness, (Name) felt something grow within her. Not something spiritual, nor anything mental. It was physical. Taking form around her chest and back. She had no idea how much time had gone by, the mini-computer implanted in her head lost count after the first thousand years. It had seemingly been unable to count more than nine hundred and ninety-nine years. And that was when the pain grew, throbbing near her heart and on her back. Pain etched its way into the dormant nerves of her artificial wings. It pulsed and radiated with power and strength that overtook her mind's capability to process, throwing her into whiplash phases of pain and tranquility.

A crack. A light. More light. More cracks. And the cacophony of many screams and shrieks. (Name) could barely see past her eyelashes, everything around her moved as blobs of colour and smell, chaotic sounds and hurried vibrations through the ground. She could feel hard wooden planks beneath her as she collapsed and hit the ground, and the faint smell of the saline sea. The longer she spent to collect her senses, the more she was able to comprehend. The panicked yelling had calmed and faint whispers blew into the small hut she was in, soft enough for her to not be able to make out tangible sentences.
Not a moment later, the sound of footsteps along the wooden boards alerted her and she struggled to push herself up, fighting against the pain she was still harbouring. The person gasped and rushed to (Name)'s side. The sudden movement caused (Name) to panic, shuffling backwards, and in her rush to escape, hit her wing against the hard walls of the hut. In that moment, she came to realise many things. The first being the distant scenery beyond the doorway of the hut. A scenery she had never seen before in the Japan of her memories. The second was how her wings, that had not once moved by her will before she lost consciousness, had moved when she thought of running away. And the most shocking thing... was the person who stood before her with a concerned look on her face. Looking back at her with the same face as her mother who left for the Soyuz.
"Um... Are you alright, Lady Angel?" She spoke softly, snapping the young girl from her buzzing thoughts. She held up a pile of cloth that appeared to be a hand sewn dress made from animal hide. "This is for you." She placed it in front of (Name) before getting on her knees and bowing her head.
(Name) flinched at the sudden respectful prostration from the young woman and rushed to her side. "Please, you don't need to bow before me. I'm not someone worthy of that respect."
The young woman slowly glanced up, and bowed her head again. "I'm afraid it would be improper at this current moment, Lady Angel." (Name) noticed the slight pink at her ears. "You are... um... naked... after all."
(Name) looked down, and noticed she was indeed butt naked, trying to get a young maiden to stop prostrating in her birthday suit. Her face lit up as brightly as the bowing girl and she quickly grabbed the clothing, pulling it over her body hurriedly, worried about making the girl wait too long in an uncomfortable position. "Um... Sorry about that," (Name) apologised upon wearing the clothing brought to her, "please get up now."
The girl lifted her head and relaxed seeing the bright smile on the winged girl's face. All of a sudden she started coughing which threw (Name) off guard and she held her steady while trying to observe her illness. "Apologies," she coughed again, "...It's nothing to worry about." Before (Name) could enquire any further, the maiden bowed her head lightly in greeting. "I am Ruri, the priestess of this village, the Ishigami-Hallstein village."
(Name)'s hand twitched in recognition of the two names that left Ruri's lips. "Ishigami? Hallstein?"

     As Ruri brought her around the village, many of villagers who greeted her sported an extreme likeness to those aboard the ISS. 'Relatives...? Or maybe...descendants?' (Name) pondered. A boisterous laugh snapped her out of her thoughts as their path way blocked by a bulky man wielding a spear. Behind him was a shorter man, standing in an obnoxiously confident manner that imitated the bigger man he was following. Already, (Name) could tell they weren't good news.
     "So you're the angel everyone's been speaking about." His calloused hands reach under (Name)'s chin and pull her face closer to his. "You're quite the beauty, aren't you? I wouldn't mind having a woman such as yourself serve by my side when I become chief."
     His gnarly grin sent shivers down (Name)'s spine. The people around them murmured anxiously, troubled and unable to help in their powerlessness. "Release her, Magma!" Ruri demanded. "She is not someone you can simply lay hands on."
     Magma's grin turned upside down as he let go of (Name)'s face and turned to Ruri. "Ruri, you should be grateful I'm even taking you as my wife. After all," his lips stretched upwards, "nobody wants a sick, weak wife like you."
     The fist that (Name) kept clenched tightly by her side went flying as fast as an arrow, homing in to the jaw of the monster in human flesh. Her fist landed cleanly. Magma still hadn't realised what had happened even as he was sent rolling across the ground from the emotional and raw physical power behind the angel's punch. The villagers that gathered around the commotion clamoured in awe of the young girl's strength. Their best fighter, defeated by the hands of a petite girl whom they had been looking over for generations. Thus began (Name)'s life in the Ishigami-Hallstein village.