Chapter 14

"What do you want, Gen?" Senku said, making the mentalist leave his hiding spot.

     "I see you are sprier after (Name) has been going out and about happier than ever." Gen chuckled.

     "Well, of course, I am, but so is everyone else..."

     "Great! Now that you have a clear mind, I have a plan that might get us sent straight to hell. But before that, pop quiz time!" The man clapped his hands together. "What is the central unifying force responsible for the loyalty and support of the Empire's people? A: Food. B: Hot chicks. C: Tsukasa, himself."

     "Kukuku, that'd have to be C."

     "Ding-ding! Ten billion points to you! Tsukasa was originally the 'world's strongest primate high schooler'. So he was famous and had charisma, to begin with. In other words, to tear that foundation apart, we need someone even more famous than Tsukasa... Hi, I'm Lillian Weinburg!" Gen spoke in a faux Lillian voice.

     Senku choked on his saliva there and then from the sudden change in sound. "Sounds pretty spot on! It's almost just like her."

     "Right?~ But if the audio was distorted and rough, like if it came from our phone receiver..."

     "So then the song on the record would be for identification! Not just anybody can imitate it! In other words, we'll be able to break apart the Tsukasa Empire by creating a fake Lillian and giving them false hope. Kukuku, we'll indeed be going to hell if we go through with this plan..." The scientist dug his finger into his ear as if the serious conversation was already over. "Okeydokey, I got it. We'll worry about the details later, for now, let's get this show on the road."

     "That casually?! And fast?! What about (Name)'s opinion?! This is her mother's voice we're talking about here!"

     "OKEYDOKEY MY HAND!!! I DON'T UNDERSTAND A DAMN THING HERE!!!" Chrome screeched, breaking through the wooden floors of the observatory. "EXPLAIN IT IN A WAY I CAN UNDERSTAND!!! FROM THE VERY TOP!!!"

★彡

     "Ooooh! But hang on, after that, they'll totally know it was a lie!" Chrome was quick to point out the flaw in their plan. "Not to mention if we don't tell (Name)..." he felt a shiver tread down his spine. "...I don't even want to imagine her getting mad again..."

     "Don't sweat it!" Gen chortled. "Once we take care of Hyouga and Tsukasa, everything else will just work out!"

     "This plan is so you." Senku laughed at Gen. "It's ten billion percent scumbag." He turned to Chrome with a serious face. "Don't tell the villagers about this. We only need the two of us from the former world being bad guys. Especially don't tell (Name) because if the people will follow anyone, they'll follow her."

     "You're saying this after you just told me everything?! That makes me an accomplice, too, doesn't it?!" Chrome shot back.

     "You straight up brought yourself here. You eavesdropped and came up on your own!" Senku pointed to the hole in the flooring.

     "Oh, you're right... But the operations team is me! You're gonna need a technician to set up that massive phone at the destination, aren't you? Besides, if anyone's gonna get caught, it's better me than you!"

     "In that case..." Senku reached his fist out, the other two doing the same. "The three of us will take the fall for this... and save seven billion people!"

★彡

     "So that's the plan," Senku explained to the rest of the villagers, omitting the important fine details of the plan. "And our next hurdle is to get them past the resident watchdog, Homura."