Chapter 19

"This is crazy! We're flying for real!" Chrome was shedding tears like a geyser as he stared down at the spread of land below them. "This is what you see every day, (Name)? That's crazy!"

"Glad to hear...!" The girl halted to pause as a flock of seagulls swarmed her. "What?! What's the big idea?!"

"Oh, looks like they think your new meat trying to invade their territory," Senku chuckled. "That, or they find you attractive."

"N-No thank you!" The winged girl soared higher into the skies, attempting to lose her entourage.

"There she goes..." The scientist laughed. "Well, she should be fine, she's capable enough to handle herself. Who knows, she might even beat us to the village."

Ryuusui nodded his head in agreement. "It's good to see others acknowledge my fiancée's capabilities! She is a gem that I desire, and she deserves to shine where others can admire her!"

"You..." A scowl imprinted on Senku's face as he glared at the pilot.

"Hmm? Is it just me, or is there some tension between you two...?" Chrome hummed in thought. But the two ignored him.

"What's wrong, Senku? I haven't said anything wrong, have I?"

"(Name) is indeed a very capable and powerful woman. Not to mention, she has the looks to top it off. But you know, she never said she was your fiancée..."

Chrome could almost see the sparks flying between the two leaders. And even though he didn't understand what they were fighting about as they listed (Name)'s good points, he knew he should stay clear of this argument. '(Name), please come back and save me...' he prayed with all his might.

"Senku, I could be wrong about this but... do you like (Name)?" Ryuusui said seriously.

The scientist held firmly to his strong gaze. "Yeah. That's why I can't stand it when you latch onto her like you have."

"Umm... I know this is a bad time but... Shouldn't we be worried about that...?" Chrome's shaky finger pointed to the ginormous encroaching cumulonimbus cloud that crackled with lightning and thunder.

"We'll discuss this later! If we don't navigate this storm, we won't be here to discuss anything, after all!" Senku said, getting himself to work, the pilot doing the same.

"All hands on deck! This is going to be a rough ride."

★彡

"We've made it out in one piece and made it to our goal! Ryuusui, you're not too bad!" Chrome said to the man next to him.

"You weren't too bad yourself," he held out a hand for a high five that Chrome gladly gave.

"Can you save the bromance for later..." Senku's wavering voice said from the side of the balloon as he gripped on for dear life from being thrown out in the midst of the storm. "Come and help me first, I'm dying here!"

"Senku, I believe that all women are beauties," Ryuusui began.

"Hey, don't start your monologue and help me! I'm going to fall!"

"That's why I believe they should be treated with utmost respect and care. That's why, if (Name) were to choose you instead of me, I'd willingly give her up. That is the one and only time I will give up on something I want..." He flashed Senku a confident grin, extending a hand to pull him up. "Not that it will happen because (Name) will surely choose me!"

"What are you on about?" Senku griped as he let himself be pulled up by the pilot. "(Name) has the final say in this, don't count your chicks before they hatch!"