Chapter 9

Just like the man said, there was hardly anybody on her way to the back of the fortress. Possibly because the path in the area was hard to traverse despite it being close to the home base of the encampment. As she trekked down the path, she found herself before a small cave kept snuggly at the end of the trail. However, as she neared, her ears picked up the faint clanking of stone on stone and readied her knives. Lowering her head, she snuck a peak into the cave, laying eyes on a small, shadowy figure hovering over something on the ground.

Then a familiar something caught her eye.

"Yuzuriha?"

The person jolted with a small screech, causing whatever she was working on to crumble from the sudden noise. Her head turned and her shocked brown eyes met with the brilliant sapphire eyes of her friend.

(Name)'s eyes popped out of her head as her friend lunged at her at rocket speed with tearful eyes.

"(Name)!" Not having enough strength to hold them both after travelling for days on end, the two topple over onto the ground, (Name) taking the full brunt of the damage after having her ribs smashed in by Yuzuriha. "You're alive! I was so worried about you! Taiju and Senku were worried, too!"

The angel laughed softly and comfortingly stroked her hand through her friend's short hair. "Sorry, I was busy dealing with several other things. But I got to meet up with Senku. And now I'm here to collect intel on the Tsukasa Empire."

"Then, I'll go get Taiju! He needs to know you're here, too!"

"No, if you bring him here, the people will be suspicious if you do something out of the ordinary. I'll be here for another day or two before I have to head back. You have to tell me as much as you can of what you and Taiju have gathered so far."

"Well... truthfully, we have gathered close to nothing. Tsukasa has kept Taiju and me as far away from the rest of the people as possible. We only know as much as who he has revived."

"That's more than enough. Who should we look out for?"

"There's a couple of them, but the main ones are Ukyo and Hyouga. I don't know too much about them, they were only revived recently, just that they're someone strong enough to be considered his right and left-hand men."

"I see... And you can come out, Gen. I can hear your breathing from miles away."

"You've caught me," Gen shrugged his shoulders and appeared from his hiding place near the entrance of the cave. Yuzuriha is struck with panic, her hands gripping tightly on (Name)'s shoulder in fear. "Oh, don't worry, I'm on Senku's side. He promised me that, after all."

"Stop trying to be secretive about it." (Name) turned to her friend. "We promised him a bottle of coke and brought him over to our side."

"(Name)-chan~ I'm trying to keep up a cool image here..."

"Anyways..."

"You're really ignoring me?!"

"I assume you've predicted I would come here, you mentalist. So, what information do you have for me to bring back?"

"As expected of our bright (Name)-chan, you see right through me immediately! I'll put it bluntly, Tsukasa just ordered Hyouga to investigate the village. We'll be departing tomorrow morning."

"That is... surprisingly useful information coming from you."

Gen placed a hand on his chest, shedding crocodile tears. "Do you think so lowly of me, (Name)-chan? How horrible!"