Chapter 23

After explaining the current state of the situation, Amaryllis led them to a sea cave where they could hide from the enemy while advancing their plans. Amaryllis had to return to her village to avoid suspicion, leaving the outsiders alone in the cave. After Senku had created a disinfectant and applied it, (Name) took this time to try resting as much as she could to recover her wounds faster. As she awoke, screams of horror echoed through the walls of the cave, piercing her ears.

"What happened?! Is the enemy here?!" She leapt into action, dagger at hand and ready to put up a fight. She was met with the group huddled near the water with several jars of what smelled like cosmetics surrounding them. And in the middle of the chaos was Kohaku, her back turned to (Name). "What's all the fuss abou—!"

The words clogged up in her throat as Kohaku slowly turned to her. The girl's eyes bulged out of their sockets when she saw the lioness' face, makeup caking her face in the most horrific way that made her look like a heartbroken girlfriend from a horror movie. It was all so frightening that her fingers lost grip of her dagger, clattering loudly onto the ground.

"(Name)!" The group exclaimed as the girl collapsed from shock. "Kohaku killed (Name) just by looking at her!"

★彡

The girl jumped awake, finding herself lying against the lab, feeling like she just had a terrible nightmare. "What was that dream—!"

Her words yet again stuck in her mouth as she was presented with the unanticipated sight of all the men donning dresses and wearing makeup on their faces. What in the world happened while she was unconscious? Did she also lose her sanity when she cut off her wings?

"Oh, (Name), you're awake," Senku came up to her, the makeup still evident on his face as he rushed to her side before removing it — or the dress.

The girl's cheeks puffed up, tears prickling the side of her eyes as Senku's face was right before her. In the end, she couldn't hold it in anymore and she started cracking up right in his face. "Hahaha, sorry! It looks good on you!" She managed to get out through her hysteric laughter. "You should dress up like this more!"

The man tore off the dress, wiping off the makeup while he was at it. "Never again!" He huffed.

"(Name), my dear rival...!" Goosebumps littered the girl's arms upon hearing the eerie voice of Amaryllis breathing into her ear. "It's your turn...!"

She didn't even have enough time to refute before she was pulled away from Senku and got her face done at lightning speed. After she was done, Amaryllis was so satisfied with her work that she was almost glowing. But not as brightly as (Name). As she turned to face the boys, they had to shield their eyes from the sheer radiance of her brilliance.

"Amazing! You were already pretty before, but you look just as amazing with makeup!" Gen marvelled. "Surely Senku-chan would be struggling to keep a straight face after seeing this!"

No reaction. The boy had the most disinterested look on his face as he looked at the girl.

"That's surprising..." Kohaku said. "Normally, Senku would have fallen over, or maybe even skipped a beat or two... Are we sure this is Senku?"

"Huh? It's just because I've seen her like this plenty of times for her job." He approached the girl, leaning in to get a closer look. "It's all just normal to me so I don't see what the fuss is all about." Grabbing the damp cloth from nearby, he gently wiped the makeup clean off her face. As the last bit of pigments was gone, leaving her face bare in its natural beauty, a little smile crept onto his face. "This suits you much better."