Chapter 12: Time to Escape

(A/N Some exciting stuff happens this chapter, all I'm going to say is, this is the chapter Savannah attempts to escape Rebekah... and Connor)

“Ok, lover boys back on TV.” Rebekah said turning on the news. Okay, good they got my message, and hopefully they remember to say it properly without anyone figuring out what they’re doing. “Hello everyone, I just wanted to say there are still no leads to finding Savannah, but if you do know where she is, call! Whoever is doing this, what is it for? Ransom money, revenge, publicity? You’ve gotten the last two already, just bring her back! She or he, whoever they may be, please return Savannah safe and sound!”  Rebekah turned the TV off, good thing I heard everything I needed to. So, they do know one of them, I’m guessing Rebekah. Well, better start making the escape plan. She walks out of the room but Connor comes in.

“Why are you doing this?” I stress the word ‘you’. He looks at me confused. “I know you don’t care about me, and you don’t seem to want to be here.”

“No, I don’t” He didn’t sound like a total perve anymore.

“Okay, I’m sorry, but this question has just been gnawing on my brain, and you really a pervert like you were portraying at the gas station?”

“Hell no, I’m sorry I never really apologized for that.”

“It’s fine.” I try to get a better look at him. He looks around my age, he has Bieber-cut blonde hair, and is actually pretty cute.

“Do you know why I’m really here?”

“I don’t really know, Rebekah was just talking about what she’d do to Harry’s new girlfriend…”

“Wait, what? She was Harry’s ex-girlfriend?”

“Yes,” The little player Harry is…

“So, you’re saying she doesn’t want me for information, or money, but just for revenge?” Oh god, I’m going to die either way. Connor nods.

“I heard you guys talking the other day, so I only have two days left until you kill me?”

“Yes, but she wants to go public with it, make sure everyone gets to see your last words.”

“I still don’t get it, why are you here?” I ask him, it is confusing.

“I got put up to it, and I can’t really leave right now.” I see an opening, and I’m going to take it.

“But can I?”

“Rebekah would kill me.”

“That doesn’t answer my question…” Maybe this will work!

“I’m telling you right now, she’s going to be back with in the next five minutes, I’ll say you clocked me, and ran.”

“Thank you, thank you, thank you!”

“Make it look real,”

“What?”

“Hit me over the head with something hard so I pass out or something.” He lifts the food tray to me.

“Thank you and I’m so sorry for this.” He nods, and I hit him over the head with the tray. I hit him square on his head, and he falls to the ground. I look down at his crippled body for a moment and then remember I only have about four minutes. I run out the door and down the hall, I run past multiple doors and windows.  When I finally run out the front door, the cold sends shivers down my back. I pull out my phone and dial Natalie’s number. She picks up on the first ring.

“Savannah?” I hear worry in her voice, I continue running down the road.

“Ya it’s me, I’m kind of escaping at the moment since Connor’s not a witch with a capital ‘B’ I’m right by highway four, at 27th where it meets Michigan west, you know the place right?”

“Ya, me and Harry are on are way,”

“Okay, stay on the line; I don’t know if Rebekah will catch me. She should be coming back now. Also, I just came out of an old looking blue house on 27th, just in case.” I start sobbing. “I don’t want to die,”

“It’s okay Savannah we’re coming, were like three minutes away.” I continue running down the street I’m almost at Michigan west.

“Savannah, it’s fine, we’re coming! Shh, calm down. Where are you now?” Harry asks me.

“I’m right at Michigan west now,” I start walking now because my ribs hurt too much. I start panting, and taking large calming breaths.

“Savannah are you sure you’re okay?”

“Yes, my ribs just hurt a lot”

“What do you mean they hurt?”

“Harry. That. Is.  What. Happens. When.  Your. Ribs. Get. Kicked. Multiple. Times.” I pause in-between each word for short breaths.

“What the hell do you mean you got your ribs kicked?”

“Harry, I got my ribs kicked, and I have probably two black eyes, and I’m supposed to die in two days.” I say slightly annoyed. “Okay, I don’t look or feel that good, don’t worry about it, just come!” I yell at him.

“Okay, I’m sorry,” He sounds sad.

“No, I’m sorry you’re just worried.” I look behind myself and see the same car that seems to have been following me, I look in through the windows but their two dark, and see it looks like the same car as before. “Someone’s following me! Shit, I think it’s Rebekah! Hurry!” The car sped up.

“Savannah, we’re almost there, were right by the gas station.” I look around.

“I’m about a street away–” I go to cross the street and the car speeds up even more.  More, and more until it finally hits me. It hurts so much, I feel my body turning off.  

“Savannah!?” That’s the last thing I hear before my body turns completely off, and I fall onto the ground off the windshield.