Chapter 24: I'm a Forgetful Drunk, and That's How He Found Out?

I woke in my bed, I felt around for Harry, but couldn’t find him. My head was pounding, and I had no idea what happened yesterday. All I remember is that I kept getting another drink. Which, now that I think about it, I shouldn’t have done… I get up out of my bed, still wobbling around the tiniest bit. I walk out of my room, and look around for Harry. I guess he could have gone home, or maybe he didn’t even come home with me. Oh, god, what did I do? I walk over to my couch, figuring I may as well watch TV, or go on my laptop… I think the TV is fine. I go to sit down when I notice a… lump… and curly hair. Harry? I shake the figure that’s on my couch.

“Harry?”

“What? Huh? I’m awake!” The figure says shooting up from their laying down position.

“What are you doing on the couch?” I ask, sitting beside him.

“You’re a very forgetful drunk…” He leads on, and I notice he’s tense.

“What do you mean?” I ask, sending him a look.

“You didn’t recognize me…”

 “I didn’t?” I ask, looking confused, my head still pounding.

“No, but you remembered you had a boyfriend.” Harry pauses, and gulps. “And you said you needed relationship advice…” Oh god, what would I need relationship advice on? Think Savannah, think!

Shit.

Kyle. Kyle was who I needed to talk to Harry about, he was the only one I was really afraid of telling. I look at him, with alarm on my face.

“Oh… What did I say?” I ask him, and he inches away from me a bit more.

“You said you dated that kid… Kyle.” He says.

“Harry, you must understand, I wanted to tell you!”

“Then why didn’t you?” He says, getting up off the couch.

“I didn’t know how to explain it! I thought you’d react, like-like this!” I semi-scream.

“Maybe I’m reacting like this because you didn’t tell me in the first place!” He yells, slipping on his shoes.

“Harry, what are you doing?” I ask him, lowering my voice to a more normal level.

“I’m leaving!” He says, and storms out of my house, slamming the door. I sink into the couch, tears starting to form in my eyes.

Why couldn’t I have told him sooner?

I grab my phone from the table beside my couch, and quickly dial Natalie’s number, she’s the only one I can really talk to about this.

Savannah, why are you calling me? It’s 10am, on a Saturday… Isn’t Harry with you?

“No,” I reply, my voice cracking.

What happened sweetie?

“Can you just come over?” I choke.

Ya, I’ll be there in a couple minutes.” She tells me through the line.

“Thanks.” I whisper, and hang up the phone. A couple minutes later, I hear a knock on the door. I get up and answer it.

“Natalie.” I say, the tears finally starting to fall, and Natalie pulls me into a hug, shutting the door behind her.

“Savannah, what happened?” She asks me, and I just ball harder into her shirt.

“He found out.” I say, hiccupping on my tears.

“About Kyle?” She asks, rubbing my back.

“Ya,” I say, and start crying harder.

“How?”

“Yes-yesterday, I, wh-when I was drunk, I don’t know how.”  I chock out.

“He just left?” She asks, trying to calm me.

“When I woke up, he-he was on the couch, a-and he started talking ab-about last night, and he talked about Kyle… A-and he left.” I say, trying to calm myself.

“Shh, it’s okay, everything’s going to be okay.” Natalie tells me, even though I know it’s not going to be alright.

“How can you say that? Harry hates me!” I say, trying to wipe my tears away, but they just kept coming.

“He doesn’t hate you.” She tells me, continuing to rub my back.

“I have to tell Katie,” I say. “I can’t have her hate me too.”

“She wouldn’t hate you.”

“But she wouldn’t understand,” I counter, my tears finally coming to an end. I quickly wipe them away, as I pull away from Natalie. I go back to where I threw my phone, and dial Katie’s number, when she picks up, I immediately start talking.

“Katie, can you come to my, like right now? I really need to talk to you.” I tell her.

Sure, right now?

“Yep, right now.”

Okay…” She says warily, and hangs up.

“How am I supposed to tell her?” I ask Natalie.

“Show her the photos, explain from there.”  She tells me, and I nod. I quickly run into my bedroom, and grab the box of ‘memories’.

“So, I just show her the photos?” Natalie nods. “Simple enough.” I murmur. I open the box, and throw the photos all over my bed, I don’t even care, and this is the only way she’s going to be able to find out, without hating me. I hope she won’t hate me, I really hope she understands.

(A/N I know this was a short chapter, but I wanted to give you guys an update. So, I hope you enjoyed it!)