Ch 12

Alen coughed loudly and joked, "Sister, Who are you thinking about?"

Hearing his words Valdis realized that she didn't move her spoon for a long time and went in a daze. She joked and said, "I was thinking which girl will take away our handsome Al"

Hearing this Alen blushed and others laughed. Alen regretted joking. He knew he had thin skin and he will lose every time he joked still he had to throw the stone at his foot. Alen has realized that he loses every time in teasing and he blushes madly like a tomato. Thus he rarely dares to tease Valdis but this time when he saw Valdis lost in a daze he felt a bit of sadness and melancholy from her so he teased her.

After joking and having a bit more fun the dinner ended. Everyone was in a jolly mood and the atmosphere was warm. It did not look like Valdis had just lost her job in the morning. Valdis also likes this atmosphere so she invited everyone today for dinner. Just as she was thinking about this and missing Luca she heard the doorbell ring.

Luca came and it was Lisa who opened the door. There was tiredness in between his brows and faint dark circles visible under his eyes. Lisa asked him to wash his hands and brought out the dinner. It was still warm. Luca washed his hands sat at the table and started eating. They did not have the awkwardness of strangers and Valdis did not mind this at all.