Chapter 35: Needed Reunion

"Hello! Hello, is anyone home?...Excuse us...", the woman sighed in frustration upon not hearing anyone responding to her calls.

The other Kakushi looked around the empty room "Seems like no one's here."

"Let's check out the courtyard", the brown eyed woman grabbed the straps of Nezuko's box tighter and the small group of you proceeded to leave the building, you had just entered, again.

You also of course followed them suit as your eyes went over the premises of the butterfly estate. A wave of familiarity was crashing over you, not just from knowing this place from the series but also, because you had been here before already.

The sweet scent of flowers danced in the air, calming your mind with peaceful thoughts. It seemed like even the gentle rays of the sun today greeted you with a welcoming aura. You breathed in the fresh air for a moment, enjoying the nice weather and ambience in this place. This was really necessary after today's stressful events at the trial...

"We should drop you off here...", the man, who was carrying Tanjiro, slightly complained.

The boy immediately apologized "I'm sorry. But I'm in so much pain, it's killing me..."

"I could carry him-", you started, but were shut down soon again "No. You have a fatal stab wound. In fact, you should not even be walking right now", the woman interjected, making you nod at her. You had proposed the idea of carrying your friend countless times on your way here, but they never wanted to oblige, due to your new sustained injury – which had almost healed completely up until now.

However, the Kakushi still were a bit wary about it. After all, they knew if they were not, they would be on the bad side of another pillar...the one that was so quiet, it was scary...Both of them could have sworn to hear a drop of water falling from the sky, but it was not even raining...The water pillar was so scary...

The headquarters are spacious, but...this is quite a magnificent place too, Tanjiro pondered as he looked around the place like you did, Come to think of it, there were some butterflies swirling around the group now, their wings glimmering in the daylight majestically, this is the butterfly estate, isn't it?

You on the other hand, were spacing out again. Carefully, you listened to the friendly chirping of birds, singing melodies only known to them. Ahhh this is so nice-, you stopped when you felt something brush against your face.

"Ah-", you flinched a bit and tried to see what it was, when you heard a small chuckle ringing next to you.

"You have a new friend there", Tanjiro giggled as he looked at the winged insect, that had made itself comfortable on the side of your head.

You laughed a little too now and watched the other butterflies around you further flapping their wings "This place is really picturesque, isn't it?", you trailed off again when you held out your hand and another butterfly decided to sit on it, this time on your finger. You were baffled at how approachable they were towards people; it was a great feeling.

"Yeah...", Tanjiro continued to gaze at you with soft eyes, while a smile was painted on his face, "gorgeous ..." Sometimes he wished he could freeze a moment for the rest of his life...

The Kakushi looked between the two of you throughout the whole interaction. Before they decided to comment on it though, you all came to a stop.

"Ah look", the male Kakushi said, "There's someone here."

You tore your eyes away from the cute little butterfly still enjoying the ride on your hand and saw her again. It was like you immediately were in trance like last time.