Chapter 21: Being Human

It only took you a few steps to hear Susamaru's crazy laughter. It surprised and also relieved you, that you had not missed much of canon here.

"Hey, you! Don't be so rash just because you're immortal!", Yushirou was currently nagging Nezuko, who just stood there, looking at him with cute puppy eyes. She saw her little brother in the demon boy, no wonder with this attitude of his sometimes. That was why she decided to pet his head gently.

Yushirou tried to swat her hand away "What do you think you're doing??", he could already see Susamaru's next attack in the corner of his eye, "Here it comes!"

Of course, the demon threw another temari ball at them. Instead of Nezuko kicking it away this time though, a big green hand appeared from the ground, caught the ball and threw it back with such force, that Susamaru had trouble properly catching it. Everyone froze for a moment.

You were rushing next to Nezuko and soon came to a stop next to the girl "Need some assistance, Nez?", you spoke cheekily. Nezuko looked at you with big eyes, it was almost like stars sparkled in them. She was glad to see you back. Suddenly, the girl had the urge to cuddle up to you. Sadly, there was no time for that now. She would do that later. Yes, she would definitely do that later...

Tamayo and Yushirou only looked at you dumbfounded. Then their heads turned to Tanjiro, who was approaching them carefully. After all, most of his muscles were still very sore from the fight. Though, he was not explaining anything about you or what just happened to them.

IS THIS NORMAL FOR THEM??, Tamayo and Yushirou both thought in shock, referring to your new appearance and the green hand that randomly ascended from the ground just a few seconds ago.

"Would you look at that!", Susamaru said loudly and grinned at you, "You want to start a fight with me or something?"

"Sure. What's the hold up?", you asked in an unimpressed voice. You needed to get this over with, the future waits for no one!

Your attitude made the demon girl's face darken again. She forgot, that she was actually supposed to not harm you and continued throwing temari balls at Nezuko and now, you too. However, the both of you kept them away from you. You two even took turns while doing so as if it was some kind of game. Nezuko always kicked the ball, while you caught it and then threw it away with your new acquired hand, which was twice as strong as you (maybe even more).

Susamaru got angrier by the second, her mind was starting to race with thoughts You little brats! You little brats! So, now you can kick and catch my temari? How insolent!

"You damn brats!", she soon screamed out loud, when Nezuko successfully kicked the ball back to her once again.

"Unbelievable. Lady Tamayo, is this...", Yushirou wanted to refer to the syringe Tamayo had given Nezuko to heal her leg with. Talking about you would have been a whole different story, because no one wanted to start that conversation-

"I used a healing serum on her, nothing more. Made exclusively for demons. It doesn't make one physically stronger. What we're seeing is Nezuko's own power. Without devouring human blood, solely on her own...Nezuko is gaining strength at a rapid rate", Tamayo explained, while Nezuko was kicking the ball back to Susamaru, who this time only narrowly avoided it. There was so much power behind her kicks, that it made your breath hitch. The wind they were causing was impressive. You were glad, that you were not on the receiving end.

Then, that one fraction of a second you were not paying attention, something hit you in the back and pushed you far away from the fight. You fell onto the ground and could feel how the rough surface of the earth scraped at your skin. It burned a little, but it seemed like nothing after having your hand hit of by a ball a few minutes earlier-