chapter one

𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐬𝐢𝐠𝐧 𝐢𝐧:

Anger is what Storm felt.

A gasp escaped her lips as her eyes snapped open. Her head whipped around as she was surrounded by dead bodies and fire.

She walked forward as she scanned the faces of the bodies lying down on the ground but couldn't recognize any, which somewhat relieved her.

Storm squinted her eyes as she stared ahead but couldn't see anything. "Hello!" She called out. "Is anyone there?"

She yelped when a hand grabbed her ankle. "Help me." The woman pleaded. "Please help me." You can see the agony written all over her burned face.

Storm's heart began to race at the sight. She knelt to the woman. "I-I don't know how to. I'm going to try to find some help okay?" She assured the woman before looking forward toward the darkness. "Is anyone out there? I need some help, please!" She felt the grasp of the woman's getting weaker causing her to turn back in panic. She saw the woman's eyes closing and her breathing getting weaker. "No, no, no, no, no. Hey, stay awake ma'am. You have to stay awake." She told the woman, patting her cheek to keep her up.

"She's dead." A sinister voice was heard in front of her. Storm's eyes began tearing up when the limp hand fell from her ankle. "You know you're really pathetic." Storm slowly looked up to see two figures hidden in the darkness. "You killed all these people without controlling your powers and almost destroying the entire planet." Storm's eyes trailed off to look at the bodies and fire that was burning the nature around her.

"And you're supposed to be the 'legacy' to take us down?" The other woman cackled in amusement.

Storm furrowed her brows in confusion. What legacy?

"What do you want from me?" Storm asked instead as the two women walked up showing their faces.

Sinister smiles were drawn on their faces as they kneeled in front of a heightened Storm.

"Mmhhh what do we want?" The woman with curly hair turned to the woman who looked awfully familiar to Storm in mock thought.

The other woman turned to Storm, her eyes started glowing a teal color and her pupils turned into slits. "We want...your heart." With that, she struck her hand towards Storm's chest causing her to scream.

"Storm!" A voice yanks the girl out of her nightmare, her eyes opens as she gasps for air. "Hey, hey, look at me you're okay. I'm here." Her eyes meets her concerned father as he wipes the sweat off of her face.

"Dad," Storm croaks out and falls into his arms as tears falls down her face.

Charlie soothes her, pressing his cheek against her head. "What happened? Was it another nightmare?"