15. The unwanted meeting

As the morning came by, the atmosphere of Malhotra's shrink a lot. Adaa and Isha were totally unaware of the reason for this extremely dim vibe of their home. And it was all because of Mr. Shiv Malhotra, their beloved dad.

Yesterday night, when he was gone out for his work at bank, on his way back at  almost 12, he met the person he least wanted to meet ever.

He met Vasant Goyal. The one who took away all the smiles and calmness from their life, just because of a small mistake of their father.

At least that's what Adaa and Isha thought.

"You should have slapped him in his face papa. Tabhi akal theekane aati unaki." Adaa said totally agitated.

While Isha was busy scrunitizing the facial expressions of her father. She could tell that there was more than just meeting him by coincidence and arguing or anything like that.

"What's the matter papa." Isha asked sharply. Both Adaa and Shiv looked at her, more like snapped their had towards her at her tone.

"Di. What's with the tone?" Adaa said in a daze.

"Isha! What do you mean?" Shiv asked whole gulping cautiously.

"You know very well what I mean, papa." She said giving force on the word know to let him know that he actually knows what she means to ask.

He looked away for a second before looking at Isha again, and telling them about the upcoming hurricane.

.....

"Open the door Adaa. For God's sake stop behaving like a kid. You are a damn 23 year old woman." Isha was constantly banging on her younger sister's door who was showing no signs of opening the door anytime soon.

Shubham was trying to camp a panicking Shiv and his Kaka sa and Kaki sa were there too, trying to help Isha to woo Adaa.

After Shiv told the girls about how he met with Mr. Goyal and was asked about the contract, he also told them about their 'forced' engagement being held by Vasant one week from now.

On this, Adaa screamed a big 'NO' and started talking randomly. Isha was numb for a minute before going after Adaa to handle her.

But it was too late. Adaa already locked her up inside her own room.

And it has already been more than 3 hours.

Not knowing whether to persue Adaa first or handle her father, who seems like he would collapse any moment now, Isha called Dilip Kaka sa and Ruchira kaki sa for help. They are the only ones she can rely on during times like this.

And by her good luck, Shubham was also home, so he too, willingly came to help.

"Please open the door Adaa. Please jaan. Don't torture yourself and me like this. Come out na." Isha was crying lying by the door now.

And so was Adaa from the inside of the room.

The only thing which they both were thinking at the moment were why us.

But then again, no one has any control on the destiny.

~•~•~•~•~•~