Nagumo Haruya × OC : Intimidating Looks

Requested by the lovely _koujiro_. Thank you for requesting!

.  .  .  🌼 .  .  .

Life to some was merciless.

Takahashi Jin would scoff at such statement and strongly relate to it, for the scar that ran from her left eye to her neck was proof of what she had to endure. And when she believed life couldn't get any worse, her left eye, as a result, was blinded by the healed gash.

It was always a wonder to Jin how a person can change in a matter of days. A person of a second ago is not the same after that second passes. And that was exactly what happened to Jin.

Fast forward to present time, Jin had managed to secure a postion in Shining Light, a team sponsored by Electra, as a forward player. Her remarkable skills were admired by all whom witnessed her performance. But what striked their interest, besides the scar and the blind eye, was her purplish, electrical, right eye.

How did she get them? What was her background? Where did she come from?

Who exactly is she?

All those inquiries remained at time's mercy to answer them. Yet, when time proved to be too stubborn to respond, people started to fear her; and Jin was not oblivious to the looks of fear and disgust cast at her.

Every person cared for how she looked, all except for one. Nagumo could care less about what or how anyone looked; that was never and would never be his priority. If there was anything that he truly cared about, it was his desire to prove himself amongst the best in the world.

And that was why he ventured to meet the so called best to challenge them in a soccer duel. When he finally met Jin and challenged her, she could not refuse such a dare that brought itself all the way to her shoes.

Little did they know, such game would become the changing point of their lives.

~~~

"Bring it on." Nagumo exclaimed as his eyes stayed glued on Jin's approaching figure. The ball between her feet dribbled with immense skill it looked impossible to detach one from the other. But Nagumo stood his ground and awaited for her to approach closer, closer, and closer, before he finally moved in a swift to steal the ball from her hold.

As he was on the move, he caught glimpse of a purple sparkle that vanished at the same speed it appeared. When he passed Jin, he was most certain that the ball was his, but the void between his feet told him otherwise.

Quick enough, he realized that Jin's speed had increased by double the original. But How? He suspected that her right eye had something to do with it. Tossing the thought out his mind, he rapidly followed behind her in a hopeless attempt to catch up to her.

~~~

Once the refree whistled, ending the match that took both effort and time, all participants fell to the ground due to exhaustion and fatigue. But only one still stood with energy overflowing her veins. Jin knew it was one of her hidden abilities, and she knew the cramps that would tire her muscles later on.

On the other hand, Nagumo was bitter for the loss of his team against her own, but he couldn't deny how intrigued he felt towards her; and it was then that he noticed her scar and eyes more closely. Even after noticing them, his opinion of her remained firm.

That he respected her greatly for her skills.

"If my looks intimidate you, you can stop looking at me like that." Her voice snapped him out of whatever trance he was caught in. He was caught off-guard at first, but quickly averted his eyes in annoyance.

"I wasn't looking."

"Yes, you were."

"No, I was not."

They continued for quite some time until Jin said, "I know I look intimidating; you don't need to hide it from me." Despite the sternness with which Jin mumbled the words, Nagumo could swear he detected a sign of sorrow and defeat.

Taken aback by the sudden tone that sounded too foreign to her character, Nagumo sighed and quietly addmited, "Fine. I was looking, but not because of your 'intimidating' looks."

It was her turn to stare at him with widened eyes. It wasn't that she had never heard such answer when she caught people staring at her, but the genuine tone of clear honesty that laced those words were what surprised her.

"I haven't noticed your face until the match ended." A flash of red clouded his cheeks on the process of his confession. Upon hearing such proclaim, Jin was caught between shock and amusement; thus, she couldn't refrain the laughter that escaped her lips.

Nagumo had heard many beautiful sounds in his life, but Jin's laughter was the most charming of them all. Therefore, he also couldn't restrain the smile that forced itself into his face.

Maybe getting to know Jin more didn't sound like a bad idea, Nagumo thought. Maybe he would finally be able to explore a new land of newly found emotions.

.  .  . 🌼 .  .  .

Hey guys!

I hope you're all doing well! I hope you have enjoyed your time reading this request.

If you have, please do leave a vote and a comment, I would sincerely appreciate it!

Stay safe and lots of love!

Inazuma Eleven Oneshots/ Boyfriend/ Husband ScenariosOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara