08

tw: mention of ed and panic attacks

── ── ── ──

◦◦,'°.✽✦✽.◦.✽✦✽.°',◦◦

(one month after first kiss)

imessage

chris<3
you're avoiding me

ella stares at his message laying on the bathroom floor. the doors locked. she's having a panic attack. her father is outside wanting to talk to her. she told him she needs to calm down.

"are you done calming down" he says in a mocking tone. he doesn't take her serious. what's her deal? he thinks.

"no" she screams feeling that it's getting worse.

ella's father and her just got into a huge fight. they've been almost fighting everyday but today she's lost it.

she always isolates herself whenever she's going through something. she has to be alone because she's scared of what she'll do being this triggered.

after ella has finally calmed down she texts chris.

el<3
can we please talk today
go on a walk and talk

chris<3
i sprained my ankle i can't sorry
just text me

el<3
chris please

chris<3
text me or do a voice memo

so she did. 3 minutes. pouring her heart out. she says that she likes him so much to the point that it hurts. that she's spiraling down her eating disorder again. she just had a panic attack. school has been stressing her out.
she says that she's been thinking about them a lot and that in the mental state she is in right now she mentally and physically can't give her love to someone else and that she needs it for herself right now. to get through this. she knows her mind and body and how to handle this. she knows it's just another episode she has to get through.
she says how what they have is right person wrong time and she knows this will work when she's not in a mental state where it physically hurts to be alive. but she wants to work on that. she wants to get better. for her but also for him. he deserves a version of her that's definitely not the current one.
she suggests that they pause whatever is happening between them and that she knows that she'll come back.

he doesn't respond for 10 minutes. who could blame him? that's a lot of information to process.

he definitely liked her back and he wants this to work out too. so he'll wait and thats what he tells her.

gabriella's heart warms at the message. he will wait. she still does not get why they couldn't talk in person. it was so important to her.