Chapter 29

"Millie open the door '' Max sighed as he sat down in front of the door. "Millie please" imsat at the other side of the door "stay away" I called out "Millie please don't do this to me" max said trying to stay calm "everyone I've ever loved has either died or left me" I said quietly "Millie"-"and I don't want to lose you to" tears ran down my face. "Millie you won't lose me" max smiled "you can't lose me" I turned to the door "I just don't want to hurt you, or grayson" I started playing with my rubber band I had on my wrist. "Millie please, just open the door" max pleaded "max I just want to be alone" max sighed "fine if that's what you really want" max said "yes I do" I said softly then it went silent. Did he leave? I didn't actually want home to leave. Why do I push everyone away! I thought, that night I cried myself to sleep, my mind filled with thoughts I didn't know what to do or how to feel so I got up and opened my door to find Max sitting on the wall. He must have fallen asleep there. I tapped him on the shoulder "huh-Millie" max said as he woke up I didn't say anything I just hugged him. I grabbed his hand and helped him up "Come on" I said as I brought him into my room I put down another pillow and blanket from under my bed. "You can go back to sleep because I can't sleep soyou can have my bed" I said quietly "and thank you for staying" I said softly "I know he didn't want me to leave so I did" max smiled. "Thank you, I'm going to go get a glass of water you get comfy" I said as I walked out. I quietly walked down the stairs into the kitchen and filled up my glass with water then went back upstairs. I walked into my room and sat down next to Max. He had already fallen asleep. I pulled out my phone and scrolled on the news for a bit. Every news page was covered with pictures of me say wanted criminal! My mind with thoughts. What if they want to kill me? What id they will put me in jail!I couldn't help but overthink it all. I played with My rubber band again and again.

I couldn't sleep one bit. I leaned over Max to see my clock. "Shoot, it's only 3 in the morning" I whispered, then I got up to take a walk to clear my head. I was walking down Sunset boulevard when I notest a great deal of police officers. I put up my hood and quickly walked past them and went down an alley. "Did you see that" an officer asked "yeah that was..suspicious" another officer said "go after them, make sure their ok no one should be walking outside at a time like this" the officer nodded then ran after me. "Hey! Excuse me, come back here" I picked up my pace walking in tears. "Hey! stop!" The officer called out and I stopped and slowly turned around in tears. "Hey what's wrong?" The officer asked me softly, I was playing with my rubber band as I slapped it against my wrist "are you okay?" He asked me, but I didn't say anything . I just turned around and ran down to the pier then stopped as I looked at the lake. The officer finally caught up to me. "Please, step away!" He called out. I didn't understand why I just needed to be away from everyone, I wasn't going to do anything. I fell to the floor in tears and the officer ran to me "hey girl please answer me, are you okay?" He asked again. I didn't say anything, I just looked at him in tears "are you hurt?" He asked and I shook my head. "Please talk to me," he said. I usually wouldn't open up this fast but I think I don't even care anymore, I just have to make him believe I'm innocent, put on a show to make him believe I didn't do it.

"My uncle killed himself," I said as tears ran down my face. . "When did this happen?" He asked "a few weeks ago" I replied, my answer short but sharp. "I knew he wasn't exactly happy so tried to take the bullets.....hide them away from him But he found them" I said softly "you knew he had a gun?" The officer asked "he had one just in case we needed it" I said quietly "now everyone thinks I killed him because they found my finger prints" I said my voice slowly getting louder "they want me dead" the officer looked at me his eyes watering. "I'm so sorry" he said. "Please just let me take you home" I shook my head "I want max" i yelled "who's max?" He asked "my boyfriend...I want him" I said quietly. My breaths slowly got faster. "I-I can't-breath" I said as I put my hand to my chest "please come with me" he said "we need to get you help" I didn't move, I couldn't. I heard a voice yell from a distance "Millie" it was max he ran to me "are you okay?" He asked. I shook my head "she can't breathe." the officer said "I'll bring her to a hospital she is probably having a heart attack" the officer said but Max shook his head. "She's not having a heart attack..she's having a panic attack" max said as he put one of his arms on my back and one of my shoulders "breathe in...breathe out" max said trying to calm me down. Max handed me a water bottle "here drink some water" max said as I slowly drank it. I was able to breathe again. I looked at Max then he hugged me "are you okay?" Max asked. I shook my head "yeah.. thank you" I said as he whipped my tears away.

"Why are you here?" Max asked,the officer to look at him "she told me everything. I promise I will talk to the officers and tell them it was all a misunderstanding that she's didn't do anything" the officer smiled "thank you so much" max said as he hugged me tighter. "Come on, I'll walk you guys home" the officer said as we all stood up "are your parents home?" He asked "my parents are dead" I said quietly "oh I'm sorry, who do you live with?" He asked. I took in a breath "my sister and her boyfriend (his brother)" I said softly "oh I see" he said as we walked up my doorstep and knocked on the door, Grayson and jaz answered. "Hell-what is going on here?" Jaz asked "i found Millie at the pier" he said "what! Millie, are you okay?" Jaz asked "yeah I'm fine" I said ''good night I'll see you guys tomorrow okay to follow up get some rest okay Millie?" I nodded at them then me and Max walked in. "Sit on the couch" jaz said so we did "Millie what were you doing there!?" Jaz asked in tears "I need to take a break so I went for a walk to the pier" I said as my eyes filled with tears ''tell me the truth" jaz said "fine I walked past a whole bunch of officers and one he started chasing me and i got scared so I ran there" I said as a tear ran down my face. Jaz hugged me " Millie you know I don't want you at the pier at night" jaz said "I know I'm sorry" I said softly "it's okay im not mad' jaz said as she sat next to me. "You aren't?" I asked she turned to max "no because as long as max is with you I feel safe I know he will take good care of you because I know he loves you very much" jaz smiled "thank you very much max I don't know what I would do without you" max smiled "now up to bed we all need some sleep" jaz said "yeah I'm really tired" Grayson said as he walked up to me "if you ever need anything even if I'm sleeping I will alway help you okay" Grayson said as he hugged me "thank you" I smiled then we all walked up to our rooms. Me and Max walked into my room "i can't sleep" I said as I sat down "it's okay I'm here just try to sleep" max said as he sat next to me. I laid there for probably a good hour trying to sleep but I couldn't, max couldn't either. I sat up and turned on my tv, and Max sat up too. "Let's watch a show" I said as I turned on Netflix. "Sure, what do you want to watch?" Asked max.

"You know what, let's just rewatch strange things" I suggested "sure why not" max said then I turned it on. I rested my head on his shoulder and slowly fell asleep. I woke up and looked at Max, he was sleeping too. "Hey max, it's 7 am. We can get up now let's go eat breakfast" I said said as I turned off my tv "okay" max said as he got up "wow we watched all the way to season 3" I laughed "well you fell a sleep for the most part and then so did I" max laughed then we got up and left. "Where do you want to go?" Max asked once we got in the car. "umm-Denny's?" I asked "sure I love that place" Max said as we drove off. Once we got there we walked in and ordered "can I get pancakes" I asked "sure" I said as I turned to max "um can I get steak and eggs?" Max asked "yes you may I'll be right back with your food" the lady said as she walked off. "So how are you feeling today?" Max asked I could tell her looked concerned "im feeling better, and thank you so much for yesterday I really needed you" I smiled "Millie if you ever need me again call me okay, I know you didn't have your phone on you yesterday i'm just saying for in the future" max said "yeah I will I promise" I smiled "I believe you" max said then we got our food and ate.

(Knock knock) jaz and Grayson opened the door "hello" it was the officer from last night. "Oh hello" Grayson said "may I come in?" The officer asked "yes you may" jaz said as she opened the door. They all sat down on the couch. "I want to talk about Millie" the officer said "well I'd hope so" Grayson said jaz smacked him on the arm. He gave her a pouty look. "Anyway, go on" jaz said "how is Millie doing at home?" Jaz looked at him "she's doing fine" jaz said "it doesn't seem like she is, from last night I could tell she wasn't" jaz stared at him offended "well she fine, really" Grayson said trying to stay calm "has she had a lot of trauma?" He asked "yes she has"-"like what?" He didn't even let her finish "well, she witnessed our parents' death and our uncle, I won't go into detail" jaz said quietly "we'll that's a lot for a young girl, i see why she was upset" he said "yeah no kidding" Grayson said clearly they didn't want to have this conversation. "I was thinking of putting her in therapy" he said Grayson and jaz just laughed. "This isn't funny, this is your sister you're talking about and she needs help" the officer said, his voice sharp. "We already tried but it didn't work" Grayson said "and why is that?" He asked "well everytime we went she didn't talk much and they could never have a long enough conversation to help her" grayson said "i see we'll there has to be something we can do I'm worried for her" max smiled "we'll that our job and she's with max and she's the only one she will ever talk to if she needs to, she'll be okay" jaz said hesitantly "I think we're done here" grayson said as he stood up and so did jaz as they walked to the door the officer nodded then left.