Chapter 23

"Millie, have you had any episodes lately?" "Yes but only a few"I responded "and how has your dad been?" I stopped to think "well he's hardly home" I acknowledged "is he still drinking?" I didn't know how to respond to that. "Yes but he's working two jobs and with more people in the home he's trying to keep up with rent so it's hard" I said trying not to cry. "Millie, how's school?" I couldn't breathe "okay can we stop with the questions!?" I snapped "I can't take it anymore" I hissed "okay I understand you don't want to be here but it's for the best your friends and family are worried about you so you need to try and help me" I took in a breathe "fine school is great" I cheered "Millie" "fine it's not the best but I'm fine okay" I muttered "and why is that?" She requested "Mrs Williams we were done 5 minutes ago" I pointed to the clock "let's just finish this question shall we?" Mrs Williams said "alright fine" I said "Millie your grades are dropping and you seem to be talking back a lot" Mrs William added "I know but I'm trying to fix that" I said but before I could finish we heard a knock on the door I stood up and opened it. "Are you done yet?" Max asked "yes where finished" I gave her a look then walked out. "So how was it?" Max asked "how was it? It was therapy, it's not going to be amazing" I addressed "I know I just met, does it feel better to talk to someone?" Max requested "I don't know I feel the same" I said as the snow crackled under my feet. "We'll just take a few more sessions then if it's not helping we'll take you out, how does that sound?" Max asked, "Fine," I said. Then I got in the car as we drove home.

I opened the door to see jaz and Grayson waiting for me "how'd it go?" Jaz asked "if you want my honest opinion it sucked" I said as I plopped on the couch "oh come on it couldn't have been that bad" Grayson said from behind jaz "whatever I'm going to tan outside by the pool" I said as I walked to my bedroom and shut the door. I opened my closet and picked out my black and white swimsuit then put it on. Once I finished, I went outside and layed on the couch by the pool. After a good hour I saw max walking out in a swimsuit. "Wanna go for a swim?" Max asked "sure" I said as I got up. "Cannonball!" Max shouted as he ran and jumped in. I laughed "wait for me!" I called out then jumped in. After a second I saw Grayson and jaz jump in behind me "wait for us!" Grayson called out. "Wanna play basketball? We have a net in the pool?" Grayson asked if he's always been the playful one. "Sure why not" I said as I grabbed the ball and threw it into the hoop. "Nice shot!" Max said "thanks I've been practicing!" I smiled. After a while we heard footsteps "what are you guys doing I told you to never come back!" It was Max's dad. "Dad, they live here?" Max said confused "no, they don't belong here" and Max's dad snapped "what is going on out here?" Mark said as he walked out. "I'm so sorry for disturbing you" said Max's dad "these girls were harassing my boys!" He reported We looked at each other and Mark looked at us "excuse me?" Mark "these young lady's were harassing my boys" he repeated "these girls are my daughters, so what exactly were they doing?" Mark asked he just stared at Mark "oh they are?" He said mark nodded "oh well they were calling my boots names and hurting them" mark looked at him then to max and Grayson "so this is your father" max nodded "oh I'm so sorry for you boys" mark said he looked at mark "how dare you, boys pack your bags we're moving" max and Grayson looked at mark "there not going anywhere" mark said "and why is that?" He asked "your fired, not them" Mark said "there my sons!" He snapped "well Grayson is 18 so he doesn't have to do anything you say" mark said "what about max he's 17" mark looked at him "as long as he's with me and Grayson he's fine" mark smiled "now you may pack your bags and leave" he rolled his eyes "whatever" he said then walked out.

"Thank you" Grayson said "you're welcome" Mark said then he left. After dinner I was in my room putting my clothes away when Max came in and hugged me from behind "what are you doing?" Max asked "just putting away my laundry" I replied "can I help you?" Max asked as he picked up one of my shirts and put it on a hanger in my closet. "Sure knock yourself out" I responded "okay" max said as he put away more shirts. "And all done" max said as he turned to me "thanks so much" I said as I smiled "your so very welcome" max replied "wanna go watch a movie?" Max asked "Sure, what movie?" I asked "I was thinking about the new Mario movie?" Max shrugged "it sounds good" max said "sure, okay" I said as we walked to the car. "Two tickets for the new Mario movie" I said as I handed them the money "your in theater A and the last row" I nodded then we walked to theater A. Once we sat down max went and bought popcorn and slushies. "That was a good movie" I said smiling "yeah it was pretty good" max smiled back "let's get going we have school tomorrow" I said walking to the car "yeah you right" max said as we drove home.

"Millie get up" jaz whispered "huh what?" I said confused "Max is waiting in the car you're almost late" jaz said "oh no" I said as I quickly got up and dressed then ran out the door. "Sorry I'm here" I said as I opened the car door and sat down. "Firmly awake I was afraid you were never going to wake up" max said "oh shut up and just drive" max smirked. Once we got to school we were in 5th period when all of a sudden we heard a gunshot.

"Everyone hands up!" We heard from the hallway we all ran to the closet in the room trying to hide. Max ran to me and hugged me "it's going to be okay, where are going to be fine" max said as he held me tight in his arms I didn't let go. I stood there in tears as we heard screams "PLEASE DON'T HURT ME!" a girl cried. "We have to do something," a boy said from the back of the class. The "Mike, sit down now, we have to hide!" Yelled the teacher. "IF YOU DON'T GET ON THE FREAKING FLOOR I SWEAR I WILL"-a gunshot was fired. The door handle was moving. The door opened and shots were fired, with tears in my eyes I realized who it was. I stood up and slowly walked closer "Millie come back what are you doing!" Max yelled but I didn't stop "Margo put down the gun"-he shot Emily "Emily!" I screamed. "What is wrong with you!" I screamed "you left me all by myself now I will kill everyone you care about!" Magi screamed "Margo you don't have to do this!" I yelled. Then Margo pulled the trigger. Max ran over and grabbed me as we flew out of the way we hit the ground hard. "You!" Margo yelled "she left me for you!" Yelled Max stared at Margo before saying "well I don't blame her why would she date a phyco killer!" Max yelled the room went silent and so did Margo. Max ran to me and he helped me up "are you okay?" Max Asked "i think so" I said Margo dropped his gun "your right I will never be as good as you" Margo cried "yeah your right" max said "now leave befor ei shoot you" max said as he picked up the gun "okay okay I'll leave'' Margo ran out. Max turned to me with the gun still in his hand "put your hands up!" A police officer yelled and Max turned around and I stepped in front of him "no it's not him he took the gun from the shooter!" I cried "how do I know I can trust you?" The officer said. The teacher walked out "she's right it's not him it's Margo he's in the hallway" the officer nodded then took the gun from max and left. Max hugged me "Emily's dead" I said quietly "we should get going" max said as we walked out to the car.