Chapter 31

"Millie, get up, you're late for school!" Grayson called from downstairs "I'm up" I called out "I'm almost ready!" I yelled and rushed downstairs and ran to Max's car. It was lunch time again and like before we were in Max's car. "Do you want to drive somewhere and get food?" Max asked when Jayson came up. "Millie, I came to apologize. Can we talk?" I nodded then I was about to get out when Max grabbed my arm. "if you need anything, yell for me" max whispered in my ear I nodded then left. We walked to the side of the school this time we were alone. "What did you want to say?" I asked "I'm sorry for how I treated you. I should've done that, I was just upset" Jayson actually apologized. "And you have every right to be mad," I said softly. Jayson stepped closer as I looked at him confused. "Millie, you forgive me right?" Jayson asked "I do" I said calmly "good" he said as he leaned in and kissed

I pushed him off "what the heck!" I yelled and Max ran over "what's wrong?" Max asked. I walked over to Max "he kissed me!" I shouted "what the heck man, you called my girlfriend over so you could kiss her?!" Max was upset. "Look she agreed to it" Max walked over and slapped him right across the face "don't you dare talk to me or my girlfriend ever again you hear me?!" Max yelled as he grabbed him by his shirt. "dude calm down it was just one kiss" max looked at him "you assaulted her and you think that's okay?" Max asked "yeah she said it was" Jayson said "no I didn't" i yelled "I swear if you talk to Millie ever again, i will kill you you hear me?!" Max's face was red then he punched him Jayson fell to the floor. "I warned you!" Max yelled. "GRAYSON!" Me and Max turned around to see three teachers standing behind us.

"Principal office now! Both of you" we nodded then walked off. "Now you see assaulting a student is a suspension!" The principal was upset "you don't understand he kissed her without her permission!" Max cried "yes and he will get detention for that" the principal said "detention, that's it!" Max yelled "we witnessed you assault him but we didn't see him assault her so we have no proof" the principal shrugged. "But that's not fair she got assaulted and you won't do anything about it!" Max argued "Max, I'm not going to argue with you!" The principal yelled "well you already are so what's the point, huh?!" Max snapped "max!" The principal yelled "what, Millie was assaulted and you're fine with that?"Max asked "Millie, is what Max is saying true?!" Max turned to me and I stood up. "Yes, I agree with Max. I was assaulted and he's not getting in trouble for that. I could sue you for everything you have because I was sent to the hospital! I had to get stitches!" I cried tears running down my face "so please don't get Max suspended when he was just defending himself and me!" I said in tears "alright Millie calm down" I looked at him in shock "don't tell me to calm down because I'm not okay I'm really not!" Max hugged me. "Millie it's okay we'll fix this" max said trying to calm me down. I didn't reply. Jaz and grayson walked in "Millie" jaz said "max" grayson looked at us "what happened?" Jaz asked. "What happened was Max assaulted another student" the principal said.

Grayson turned to max "max what happened?" Grayson asked "what happened? Jayson said he wanted to apologize to Millie but when they left Jayson kissed her without her permission" Max said Grayson turned to me and so did jaz "are you okay?" Grayson asked I didn't reply, I just stood there. They turned back to Max "that's not all that happend" the principal said "Max punched Jayson 2 times!" Jaz glared at the principal. "Is Jayson in trouble?" Jaz asked "well he didn't do anything wrong" Grayson and jaz's face lit up "excuse me?" "You want to suspend Max and Millie for self defense, Millie didn't do anything wrong nor Max" jaz stepped closer "Millie threatened to sue me!" The principal said "yeah and she's right we will sue you for every last dime you have and no there is no suspension because I'm unrolling them from this school!" Jaz said as she left, we all followed behind her. We walked out to the parking lot "hey you, you punched my son!" Jayson's mom called out and we stopped and looked at them. Jayson's mom walked over to us with Jayson. "Your kid punched my son, aren't you going to do anything about it?" She asked again. "Yes actually I will do something" Grayson said as he walked up and punched Jayson right in the face "oh my god you're a monster why would you do that?!" She yelled "I did something and he deserved it!" Grayson smiled "do you know what he did to Millie?" Max asked "no I don't?" She said Max walked up to her "last week he and his friends cornered her and beat her till she blacked out. We had to call 911 because she was bleeding from her stomach and she lost a lot of blood!" Max paused. "Then he said he wanted to apologize but instead he kissed my girlfriend with her permission then said it was okay that she agreed to it when she didn't! So yeah I punched him to protect Millie" max said as he grabbed my hand as we walked to the car.

Jayson's mom looked at Grayson and jaz in horror then she turned to Jayson "why would you do that to her?" She asked "I didn't, he's lying!" Jayson accused "I could see the fear in her eyes she was frightened by you!" Jayson mom said as her eyes water. "Why on earth would you do that?" She asked "because I like her I didn't know it till after I hurt her and I wanted to make things right" jaz and Grayson had enough so they left. During the car ride we didn't talk. None of us knew what to say. When we got home I walked up to my room. I sat on my bed and pulled out my phone. I went online to see if someone recorded what happened today even the part when Max punched Jayson they had the whole conversation. I ran downstairs to show Grayson and jaz. "Grayson, jaz come here" I called out jaz and Grayson walked into the living room "yeah what's up" jaz said "I found out that someone recorded the whole thing so I thought I would show you" I said softly "wait really? Yeah show us" Grayson said as I walked over and played the video.

(What did you want to say?" I asked "I'm sorry for how I treated you. I should've done that, I was just upset" Jayson actually apologized. "And you have every right to be mad," I said softly. Jayson stepped closer as I looked at him confused. "Millie, you forgive me right?" Jayson asked "I do" I said calmly "good" he said as he leaned in and kissed

I pushed him off "what the heck!" I yelled and Max ran over "what's wrong?" Max asked. I walked over to Max "he kissed me!" I shouted "what the heck man, you called my girlfriend over so you could kiss her?!" Max was upset. "Look she agreed to it" Max walked over and slapped him right across the face "don't you dare talk to me or my girlfriend ever again you hear me?!" Max yelled as he grabbed him by his shirt. "dude calm down it was just one kiss" max looked at him "you assaulted her and you think that's okay?" Max asked "yeah she said it was" Jayson said "no I didn't" i yelled "I swear if you talk to Millie ever again, i will kill you you hear me?!" Max's face was red then he punched him Jayson fell to the floor. "I warned you!" Max yelled. "GRAYSON""Put your phone away Melisa!" )

Max walked in then stopped as he watched the video play. "oh my god" jaz said as she turned to me "I'm so sorry" Grayson said max walked up to us "who recorded that?" Max asked "Melisa" I replied my answer short. "Max" Grayson turned to Max "you saw that whole thing didn't you" max said grayson nodded max turned around then ran out. "Max wait" Grayson called after him but Max didn't stop. Grayson ran after him "max stop" grayson said max stopped then turned around slowly "what" max asked "I'm of mad at you, you stood up for Millie" Grayson smiled "your not but I threatened to kill him" max said "yeah but you defended Millie even if it got you in trouble" grayson was proud. "Look I think you did a good job at defending Millie just please next time don't get caught" max nodded "no promises" max smiled then he walked away. "Millie" Max knocked on my door I opened my door "yeah" I walked away to put on a hoodie "I was wondering if you wanted to go to the festival they are having downtown?" Max asked "sure I need a break" I smiled "when is it?" I asked "it's in 20 minutes so we should head out now" max said "okay" I said we walked out. "And we're here!" Max shouted as I got out of the car "this place is so pretty!" I smiled "I'm so glad you're taking me here, this place looks so fun!" I said as I ran to the entrance. Once Max finally caught up to me we walked in to see all the pretty lights. "Where should we go first?" Max asked "let's get something to drink" I said "okay get me a coke I'll be right back I have to go to the bathroom" I said as I ran off. "Hey" Max turned around "Do you want something to drink?" A guy asked Max "you know what sure" Max said as he took them then walked away. I pulled out my phone to the next max (hey there's a line it might be a minute) no reply "huh maybe he's ordering the drinks" I thought. After 10 minutes it was finally my turn, I got in and out. I started walking to find Max talking to a group of people. "Hey ,ax over here!" I called out but Max didn't reply.