Chapter 27

"That's it we're moving!" "Come on jaz it's not that bad!" Grayson said jaz stopped walking "our uncle died here, and Millie's not getting any better" jaz said "I know I know but where will we go?" Gryason asked "I have marked debit card and mikes. I think we're good" jaz said as she showed him the wallet "okay fine" gryason said "where's max?" Grayson asked "he's with Millie" as she made a sandwich. "Do you want to go to the park?" Max asked "sure" I said my voice shaky "come on" max said as he bragged my hand then we walked downstairs. "Millie wants some breakfast?" Jaz asked "no thank we're going to the park" I replied my voice low "oh okay, max make sure you guys get something to eat before you come back okay?" Jaz said "yeah we will" Max replied before walking out the door. "Can you play some songs if you would like?" Max suggested "sure thanks" I said quietly as I connected my phone to the Bluetooth. "Okay where here" Max said as I got out "there is an ice cream shop can we get some?" I asked "sure, why not" Max said as we walked over. "Hi! how can I help you?" Max looked at me "what do you want?" I turrones to the menu "can I get strawberry?" I said my voice low and shaky "one strawberry cone and one chocolate" max said "alright that will be 5.59" max nodded as he paid. We walked over to the hill where we could see the view of the ocean. "The view is pretty" I smiled "your smile is very pretty you know that" max smiled "no I didn't actually" my smile faded "well it very pretty I'm sorry I haven't told you sooner" max said as I sat down in the grass hair blowing in the wind. Max sat next to me as we ate out ice cream. I turned to Max "you know there was something I always wanted to ask you" I said "what is it?" Max asked "why did you live here?" I asked "well my dad worked for you dad so he let us live here i guess" max said "oh" I said "why didn't grayson leave? Because you know he's 18 and stuff" I asked. "After our mom passed it was hard on our dad so we promised to never leave him" Max sighed "then why'd you leave him for us?" I asked "because I know it would hurt us if we left you, plus I don't want to live without you'' Max smiled. I smiled back as I hugged him.

"Max" I walked into the doorway of his room. "We need to talk" max Looked at me concerned "yes?" Max asked "I don't want to move to Florida" I said quietly "why?" Max asked "I don't want to remember it" I didn't look at him I couldn't. "Remember what" max asked "that's the point I don't want to remember anything anymore I can't live with this guilt" max looked at me "Stop, Millie do you remember 9th grade?" I looked at Max confused. "yes I do" I said softly "Do you remember that day when I stopped talking to you" max sounded serious. "yes I do very clearly" I reassured him. "I was afraid you were going to leave me forever, not just a vacation" I looked at Max but I didn't say anything and I was right, you did. "Max, you know I didn't want to but I didn't have a choice "my my parents were having my little sister" I said softly. "But Millie was born 2016" max said "that doesn't make since she was born before you" max paused "you were born in 2017 right" max asked "yes and max, not jaz" max didn't reply "my mom had a miscarriage" I said softly "I'm so sorry I-I didn't know" max said "I know" I said. "My mom wanted a fresh start" I continued "I know, I understand when my mom died my dad wanted the same and then we moved here" max said he wiped his tears quickly before saying "we don't have to move to Florida" I smiled "thank you" I replied "how about cali?" Grayson said as he walked in "how long have you been standing there?" Max asked "All I heard was you saying we didn't have to move to Florida" max shrugged "okay" I replied "so cali anyone?! Gryason asked again. "Sure" me and Max said at the same time "we'll have to make sure it's okay with jaz but I think she'll be cool" grayson smiled. "How love how considerate you are with her" I smiled then jaz walked in. "Why are you all sitting on the floor right next to the table?" Jaz looked weirded out. "That's a good question" grayson turned to me and max "honestly I have no idea" I shrugged. "What do you think about cali?" Gryason asked jaz "I love cali it's a beautiful place" jaz said "so it settled Cali it is" grayson jumped up. "Come on, let's get packing!"