Chapter 22

Night after night I kept having these nightmares rewatching my parents death. I haven't had a good night's sleep in a week. Bright and early I woke up downstairs to eat some breakfast. "Good morning it's nice of you to finally get out of bed, I haven't seen you in like a week" Max said. I didn't reply "you okay you look flushed" max said with a look on his face "here have some breakfast" max handed me a plate but I didn't move I just stood there like i was frozen. "Millie?" Max said as he walked over to me, I fell to the floor. "Jazmin Grayson came here quickly!" Max yelled at jaz and Grayson ran down the stairs. "What's the problem!?" Jaz said as she walked in "Millie passed out and I don't know what to do!" Max yelled "oh my god!" Jaz ran to me "call 911 now!" Jaz yelled in tears. "Millie wake up please!" She yelled. Max ran to me and put a pillow under my head "are they almost here?" Asked Max "yes there on there way" Grayson said.

I woke up feeling really dizzy. I opened my eyes to see Max, Grayson and jaz sitting in chairs in front of me "your awake" max said as he smiled "what happened where am I" I asked "this is like the third time you have passed out" jaz said with an expression on her face. "How do you let this happen so many times?" Jaz asked in frustration. "I'm sorry I don't know," I said. the doctor came in "well?" Max asked "she's fine" the doctor paused. "It looks like she hasn't eaten or slept in days" everyone looked at me in shock "do you know by any chance why she hasn't eaten?" The doctor asked "I mean she hasn't come out of room much and when she does it because she went to school but that it and her lunch is always gone when she came home so I assumed she ate it" jaz replied "okay, well you guys can go home" the doctor said as he helped me up then we walked to the car. I was silent the whole time, once I sat down in the back they all looked at me. "Millie, why haven't you eaten?" Jaz asked I avoid eye contact the whole time "Millie you have to answer us where worried about you" Max said "I'm fine just drive" I replied softly "alright fine" Grayson said as he drove off. Once we got home I started walking to my room but Max stopped me. "Wait before you go to your room you need to eat" max said "do I have to I'm tired" I replied "you say that every time but you haven't slept in days" jaz said I turned around the took my plate of food and put it in the microwave then I grabbed my food and stated to walk to my room. "Wait, we want you to eat it at the table" Grayson said "I can eat it in my room" I said "Millie stop!" Jaz said "why are you doing this to yourself!?" Jaz asked as I turned around. "Max, can I talk to you in my room?" I said quietly "sure" Max said as we walked to my room.

I sat down on my bed and so did Max "what did you want to tell me?" Asked max I hugged him "I'm sorry" I said in tears max didn't respond "for worrying you and I'm sorry that we haven't been able to focus on the riddles because of me" I said in tears "max finally hugged me back "no Millie we have been so focused on the riddles we haven't had enough time to focus on ourselves" max said softly "now Millie what is going on?" Max asked me to pull away from his hug. "I have been having those episodes again after I hit my head. My memory was blurry but it's all clear now everything is clear now" I said quietly. "What is clear?" Asked Max "it's my fault this all happened" I said quietly "what no don't blame yourself" max said "no it actually my fault I got my parents killed I brought us here it's all my fault" I said in tears. Max looked at me "what?" "I got in contact with my aunt. She killed my dad. I ran away and mom crossed the road to get me and got hit by a bus. She got killed because of me" I said, trying to stay calm. "Oh my god" that all max could say "with all the trauma you have been through i'm very proud of you for being to strong" max said smiling "and i don't blame you if you've had a bad week we can help you but for that to happen I think you need to see someone while we solve the riddle" max said calmly "fine I will go and see someone" I said softly. Me and Max walked Down stairs to see jaz "should we go out and eat?" I asked jaz "yes definitely" jaz replied "dominos pizza?" Grayson suggested "yes I could go for pizza" max said "me too" me and jaz said.