Chapter 14

I texted Emily over 20 times with no reply. I was worried for her but I didn't know what to do. When I got home from school I walked into my room and sat on my bed in tears "she could be hurt or worse dead and I can't help her" my eyes filled up with tears I got up and changed into a short sleeve shirt and sat back down. Jaz walked into the room "Millie-" she looked at me "what happened?" She asked and I stared at her confused "what?" I said "your arms?" She looked from my arms to me "what happened" I tear ran down my face as I pulled my arm away then threw on a sweater "lucky happened" and said as I got up to fold my clothes and put them away "huh?" She said "I was playing tug of war with Lucky and he scratched me" I said avoiding eye contact "are you sure?" she asked "yes I'm sure now to leave!" I pointed to the door. She nodded and walked out. She didn't believe me, why that's what happened I thought to myself. Jaz walked to her room in tears as she locked her door "and she wondered why I'm always worried she needs to be more careful" she said in tears as she fell to the floor "im supposed to be there to protect her and yet I can't do that!" She cried "I'm such a bad sister!" Jaz stood up and looked in the mirror "something wrong Emily not okay" jaz said then ran to her phone. A little while back when Emily had come Over she had given me her number so I called her. "Hello?" "Hi sorry to bother you but is Emily with you?" I asked "no she's with her father this weekend" said Emily's mom. They must have gotten divorced recently. I thought "I need you to call Emily." I said fiercely "what, why?" She asked, her voice sounded concerned "just do it!" I cried "okay I will" Emily's mom said as she pulled out her iPad to call Emily she answered "Emily" she said "mom" you can tell in her voice that she was crying "honey are you okay?!" Asked Emily's mom "no dad-he hit me and said I was never allowed to see Millie ever again!" Cried Emily. jaz stood there I Shock Millie wasn't kidding. "Oh my god-honey I'm on the way!" Cried Emily's mom "I have to go get her!" She cried "I'm coming with you" said jaz she nodded then hung up.

I ran to Millie's room "Millie come on how!" I yelled "no go away!" I yelled "Millie, do you trust me?" Aske jaz "no" i said "wonderful" said jaz as she grabbed my hand and ran to the car. Once we got to Emily's house I asked "what are we doing here!?" She looked at me "come on" she said as we walked to the front door. "Oh you're here!" said Emily's mom "come on!" She cried as we ran to her car and drove off. "Where here come on me and Jazmin will distract her dad and Millie. I need you to get Emily and just run to the car, okay?" She asked if we nodded then ran to the door. They went to the front and I went to the back. "What are you doing here!" Yelled the dad "we need to talk to you" said Emily's mom.

I snuck in the back door and ran to her room and shut the door to see Emily hiding behind her bed in tears she jumped when she heard the door shut "please don't hurt me" she said in tears I ran to her "it's me" I said as I hugged her "what are you doing here?" She asked "we came to save you I know what yours dad's capable of" I said she smiled "thanks" I smiled "of course I couldn't imagine losing you" I said a tear ran down her face i wiped it away "I'm here now you're okay" I said as she smiled our faces were inches apart "Emily" I said looking in to her bright blue eyes "yes" she said "I like you I really do but I think we should hold off bec"-"no." I looked at her confused. "I'm sorry" Emily said "no no, why are you sorry?" I asked "because I dragged you into this" she said trying not to cry she exhaled as she looked up trying not to blink then looked back at me. She Gave up as she closed her eyes as tears ran down her face she looked down "I'm so so sorry" she said. I put my hand on her chin "look at me" I said she tilted her head up at me "you didn't do anything wrong" I said looking deep into her eyes "I helped you, you didn't drag me into this I chose to help you" she looked at me as the tears just kept running down her face "I love you so much" she said as she wiped her tears away "I love you to" I said as I leaned in and hugged her.-"Emily!" Her dad screamed and we both jumped then sat back by the bed. "EMILY! Don't you dare try and hide from me!" He screamed. She hugged me as tears ran down her face and mine. "I'm scared" she whispered "me to" I said in tears her dad bursted into the room "EMILY MAY COME OUT NOW!" He screamed as he checked the closet, he found us.

"What the heck are you doing here!" He yelled as he grabbed my arm and moved me away "you stay away from my daughter!" He yelled. my arm was throbbing in pain "dad stop!" Emily stood up and he looked at her "she's not bad!" She yelled "why do you hate her so much!?" She asked, "She's dangerous!" He yelled "no she's not dad you don't even know her!" Emily yelled "no I don't know her but I know her aunt and i know she's dangerous!" He yelled at Emily , "Look at me,what is he talking about?" She asked me "I promise I will explain everything later but I promise I'm not a threat" I said looking at Emily she nodded she looked back at her dad "dad I know Millie's not a threat" she pause then continued "because she's my best friend and I don't want to lose her!" she sighed "and I love her so much she literally my whole world" she said we both looked out the door to see Jazmin and emilys mom standing in the doorway jaz looked at me then Emily's mom ran in. Emily's mom hugged Emily then smiled at her. Emily's dad just backed up then walked away. "Emily, I'm so, so sorry your dads acting like this?" She asked Emily, looked at me and smiled "it's okay" she said. I looked at jaz as she smiled from the doorway then she mouthed "you did it" I looked at Emily then to jaz "yes I did thanks to you" I mouthed back she smiled then ran to me and hugged me tight.