Epilogue

After the Coronation, Desert enters her room and gently sets her tiara on the table, and dresses out of her elven clothes, into something more comfortable. With a sigh, she plops herself onto her bed, her eyes shut. A Princess of the Land. That thought repeated itself in her head, making her wonder why Aragorn called her that.

KNOCK!

KNOCK!

The young woman opens her eyes and turns her head to the door, not leaving the soft cushion of the pillow. "Come in!" She called out. The door opens to reveal the four hobbits, Wizard, Elf, a Dwarf, and two Men.

"Well, if it isn't my favorite group of brave warriors in all of Middle-Earth." She teased, sitting up from the bed. The Hobbits approach her with a smile, "We wanted to thank you, Desert, for helping us fight in wars and saving Boromir's life." Pippin spoke.

"And Haldir's," Merry added. Gimli raises a finger, "And Thorin and his nephews from sixty years ago!" Desert giggles and stands up, "There is no need to thank me." Legolas approaches the half-elf, "You've done so much for us and Middle-Earth, Willow," He shows her ring, "You have a choice, mellon nin. Are you going to stay here? Or go back to your Earth?" Desert Cadell takes his hand and lowers it, "I'm staying here, Nin mel. And I want to stay this time."

The Fellowship surrounds the woman, hugging her, "She's staying!", "Willow Maid's not leaving!" The Hobbits cheer loudly. Desert felt arms wrap around her waist, "I love you, Willow maid." Legolas whispers in her ear.

"And I you." Desert gazes up into the icy blue eyes of the Prince of Mirkwood, and the two kiss, not caring if the others are watching in the room.

Twenty-two Years Later:

Inside the Mirkwood Kingdom, a beautiful woman in a royal blue gown paces the throne room in worry. A young man, an Elf, watches her closely, his arms crossed. Desert brushes her hair out of her face, frustration lingering in her eyes, "Are you sure you want to go?"

"Yes, Naneth. I am sure."

The half-elf looks at her son, "Armen, what if you don't return? It took me sixty years to return here." Her voice quivered. "Nin mel, don't worry. If you recall, time is different in Earth and Middle-Earth." Legolas appears behind her, his hand lying on her shoulder.

"Oh... okay. Please be safe." The woman faces her only son in worry.

Armen Greenleaf takes his mother's hands, "Naneth, I will be. The girl from my vision is from your other world. Lucy Stine is somewhere, and I got to find her." He hugs his mother one last time, then faces his father, "Ada, our family name will continue on Earth. I know one day I will return."

"I know you will, Armen; good luck, my son." 

Armen looks one last time at his parents as the portal to Earth opens up, "Im mel cin ui-" He enters the portal, leaving Middle-Earth for good. Desert turns to Legolas, tears streaming down her face, "Legolas..."

The King of Mirkwood kisses his wife on the head, "Ho will rinn-. Im tur- feel ha."

(My Love)

(Mother)

(I love you both)

(He will return. I can feel it)