Seeing The Hobbits Again

Far off, half veiled in the swirling steam, the Tower of Orcthanc stands. Unbroken by the storm, with pale waters lap about its feet. Two small Hobbits are sitting on the smashed wall. Merry and Pippin spread before them is a feast of bread, meats, and wine. They puff on long pipes as they lie back in the sun.

The four hunters, with Gandalf, ride towards the two halflings. Pippin was looking at Merry, "I feel like I'm back at the Green Dragon after a hard day's work." Merry scoffs, "Only, you've never done a hard day's work." Merry looks up to see the Fellowship arrive and cuts Pippin off before he can respond in kind. Merry stands up, his arms open wide, "Welcome, my Lords, to Isengard."

Gandalf, Aragorn, Legolas, Desert, and Gimli stare at the sight before them. "You young rascals! A merry hunt you've led us on, and now we find you feasting and smoking." Gimli calls out behind Aragorn. Pippin speaks with his mouth full, "We are sitting on a field of victory, enjoying a few well-earned comforts. The salted pork is particularly good."

Desert snorts as Gimli is suddenly interested, "Salted pork?" Gandalf is shaking his head, "Hobbits." Merry points to the Tower, "We're under orders from Treebeard, who's taken over management of Isengard." Pippin and Merry walk up to the Fellowship and got on their horses. Pippin with Aragorn and Gimli, and Merry with Gandalf.

Gandalf leads the company through the flotsam and jetsam, which floats upon the muddied waters surrounding the Tower. Treebeard, the giant Ent, strides towards them, alarming all but Gandalf and Desert.

"Burarum... Young Master Gandalf. I'm glad you've come. Wood and water, stock and stone, I can master, but there's a Wizard to be managed here... locked in his tower." Treebeard spoke with a booming voice. Gandalf nods his head, "And there Saruman must remain, under your guard, Treebeard." Gimli grumbles, "Let's just have his head and be done with it."

Gandalf stares up the long length of the Dark Tower, "No. He has no power anymore." The old Ent nods his head wisely, "The filth of Saruman is washing Away... Trees will come back to live Here, young trees... wild trees."

Desert turns her head to see Pippin, his eye caught by something lying in the water. The muddy waters glowed with a golden light. Aragorn turns as, quick as a flash, Pippin has jumped off his horse, "Pippin!" Treebeard stops talking, and everyone watches as Pippin reaches into the water and picks up - the Palantír!

"Well bless my bark!" Treebeard mutters. Gandalf urgently moves Shadowfax to the hobbit, "Peregrin Took! I'll take that, my lad." Pippin doesn't move, his eyes staring in wonder at the smooth black stone. "Quickly, now!" Gandalf spoke louder, getting the Took's attention. Reluctantly, Pippin hands the Palantír to Gandalf, who immediately smothers it in his cloak.

Gandalf looks back at Pippin with a troubled expression. Aragorn grabs Pippin and back on the horse. Willow wraps her arms around the elf as the horse turns around, and the party leaves the forest, heading back to Rohan, Edoras. The trees began to part, leaving a clear path for them. The hobbits, in awe, watch, "What are the trees doing?" Pippin quietly spoke.

"Tasarë maid. Tasarë maid."

Legolas looks over his shoulder at Willow, "They're chanting your name." Willow watches the trees, listening to them, "Ni am símen." She whispers. The trees swayed and went silent. Legolas mutters quietly in his tongue, "Few words -esse mime lambe, tasarë maid."

"Bound by fate, right?"

Legolas shifts in his saddle, "Yes." The elf turns his head to look at her, "You remember Tauriel?" Desert hums, "Mmhmm." Legolas gazes back at the Plains of Edoras, "What about the dwarves?"

"Yeah, I remember them. Did something happen? Besides Balin's death?" She whispered. Legolas shakes his head, "Thorin Oakenshield and his kin still live, besides Balin. Tauriel married that archer, Kili. And lives in the Misty Mountains. She asked me that if you return, to tell you she misses you and hopes to one day visit the Mountain."