Battle Won

Realizing the reinforcements of the Rohirrim, the fleeing Uruk-hai run from Helm's Deep over a ridge into the Plains; standing on the other side of the ridge is a large forest. The Uruk-hai run directly for it. Théoden, Aragorn, Éomer, and the rest of the Rohirrim ride to the top of the ridge and stop. Éomer shouts out to the Rohirrim, "Stay out of the forest! Keep away from the trees!" He looks with fear at the forest that has sprung up.

Inside the forest, the Uruk-hai charge between the trunks mindlessly. The Defenders of Rohan watch silently from atop the ridge as the last of the Uruk-hai runs in. Suddenly, the trees move. Screams emit from within the forest, and the Defenders look on in fear and surprise as the forest eliminates the last of their enemies. The riders glanced at each other, then steered their horses away from the forest, back into Helm's Deep.

Inside the Helm's Deep Hall, Éowyn and the other Women and Children emerge. Aragorn climbs the steps to meet Éowyn at their summit. She looks upon him with delight and holds him. Inside the Helm's Deep Battlements, Soldiers pile the bodies of the dead Uruk-hai. Desert and Legolas walk through the carnage and spots Gimli smoking his pipe. The Elf stops, stroking his bow, "Final count.. Forty-two."

Desert amusingly watches Gimli's mock admiration, "Forty-two? That's not bad for a pointy-eared Elvish princeling. I myself am sitting pretty on forty-three." Desert watches Legolas' face drop; suddenly, he fires an arrow at the Uruk that Gimli sits upon.

"Forty-three."

"He was already dead."

Legolas points his bow at the dwarf, "He was twitching." Gimli shakes his head, "He was twitching because he's got my axe buried in his nervous system." He demonstrates this by working the axe in the Uruk's head. The hands and feet twitch as he does.

Desert instantly laughs, gripping her sides, "Hahaha!"

Legolas turns to Willow Maid in confusion, "What's so funny?" Desert wipes a tear from her eyes, "You two are amusing..." She sniggers, "Forty-three? I beat you at your own game!" She laughs again.

"Oh, yeah, lassie?" Gimli pops his pipe back in his mouth, "What did you get?" Glancing between the dwarf and the elf, Willow Maid puts her finger to her chin, "Oh..." She mocks, "Ninty-five. Well, A hundred and ten if I count my roots that killed most of them..."

Legolas lowers his bow, and Gimli's pipe nearly falls out of his mouth, "Your tree roots don't count, lassie!" Gimli sputters. "Then, Ninty-five." Desert chuckles. Legolas opens his mouth, but no sound can escape. Willow Maid summons a tiny tree from a crack in the ground, blooming two white flowers. Plucking them off the small, frail tree, she hands them to the two.

 Plucking them off the small, frail tree, she hands them to the two

The two males take the flowers and back at her. Willow lightly smiles at them before turning away and walking towards the white wizard, who stood next to Aragorn and Théoden, speaking to them. Gimli spins the flower in his hand, "You know, lad," He gazes up at Legolas to see him watching Willow, "She is a strange but special woman." Legolas turns his head to the dwarf.

"Yes, I know, Gimli."

The dwarf raises a brow in curiosity. The tone in Legolas' voice sounded far away. What mortals would say, dreamy? Gimli studies the elf's actions, taking notice of him spinning the flower in his hand; his eyes seem unfocused, and his body is calm and relaxed. Legolas stared at the flower, recognizing it to be from the Salix alba Willow Tree. The same Willow tree when he had first met Desert Cadell, "Salix alba Willow..." He muttered quietly, spinning the flower between his fingers.