Rohan

Gandalf, Aragorn, Legolas, Gimli, and Desert ride across the Plains. They stop on a rise looking across to Edoras. The five figures look upon a walled city covering a small mountain. Atop its summit is Meduseld. Gandalf glances at the others, "Edoras and the Golden Hall of Meduseld. There dwells Théoden, King of Rohan..." 

Inside the Throne Room, Théoden, grayed and ancient sits upon his throne, head bowed, for he is hardly able to hold it up. Éowyn kneels beside him, holding his hand comfortingly. Gandalf continues speaking, "whose mind is overthrown. Saruman's hold over King Théoden is now very strong."

The four hunters sit atop their steeds, listening to Gandalf. "Be careful what you say. Do not look for welcome here." Gandalf starts off heading toward the Kingdom. The four hunters follow him to Edoras. Desert tightens her arms around the Elf as they continue their way, "Legolas? What did you say last night?" The Prince, keeping his eyes ahead, lightly smiles, "I'm not telling you." The woman rolls her eyes and rests her forehead against his back, "Fun-sucker..." She mumbles, making the Elf snort in amusement.

Éowyn throws open the main doors and charges outside. She walks to the brink of the porch outside the Hall and looks far off into the distance as if hoping to find someone there. She walks impatiently from one side of the platform to the other. Far below, something catches her eye. Three horses approach Edoras. The wind tears a flag off its mast and carries it across the city with her watching. Gandalf, Legolas, and Desert ride through the gate. As Aragorn and Gimli approach, the flag flutters to the ground. Aragorn looks to its source as if it were a bad omen. 

As the Five Riders ride through Edoras, the people eye them silently and warily, as if they come as harbingers of doom. Aragorn looks forward to Meduseld to see a lady in white standing upon its porch, watching them. Gimli mutters behind Aragorn, "You'd find more cheer in a graveyard." Aragorn looks back to the Hall... the lady has disappeared. The doors of the Golden Hall open, and Háma exits, followed by a small detachment. The Five climb the steps, and Háma meets them at the top. Gandalf leans heavily on his staff like an old man. He looks up at Háma and smiles. Háma looks at the hunters and the wizard, "I cannot allow you before Théoden King so armed, Gandalf Greyhame. By order of Gríma Wormtongue." 

Gandalf nods to the others to surrender their weapons. Almost comically, they turn over every weapon they have: swords... knives... arrows... and axes. Desert had sneakily hidden her old dagger from Tauriel in her boot as Háma signals to Gandalf, "Your staff." Gandalf glances at his staff and scoffs innocently, "You would not part an old man from his walking stick." He continues to look at Háma innocently. Háma nods, rolls his eyes, and then gestures for them to follow him. 

Gandalf gives a wink to Aragorn, who smiles in return. Gandalf follows Háma into the Hall, leaning on Legolas' arm as an old man might for support. Desert joins Gandalf's other side, her hand gently touching his other arm. Legolas and Desert shared the same look and lightly grinned as they walked into the throne room. Háma enters the Hall and bows before the King. He steps aside to allow the Five to enter behind him. Desert looks up to see Wormtongue leaning over and whispering to the King, "My lord, Gandalf the Grey is coming." 

They continue walking toward Théoden. Guards close the doors behind them. They notice several Men behind the contingency of Guards following them as they walk toward the King. Wormtongue continues whispering, "He's a herald of woe." Legolas and Desert release Gandalf's arm. Desert slowly moves next to Legolas, her eyes trained on the approaching Men and Guards as Gandalf spoke, "The courtesy of your hall is somewhat lessened of late, Théoden King." 

Wormtongue whispered to Théoden, "He's not welcome." Théoden speaks in a labored tone, "Why should I welcome you, Gandalf Stormcrow?" He looks to Wormtongue for affirmation, who nods. "A just question, my liege." Wormtongue stands before them and walks to meet them well in front of Théoden, "Late is the hour in which this conjurer chooses to appear. Láthspell spell I name him. Ill news is an ill guest." Legolas nudges Desert and mutters in elvish, "Prepare na cost tathren seld." Willow Maid glances at the Elf and faintly nods her head to him.