Gandalf And Rohirrim

The sun began to rise, and banners of the White Hand flew atop the Battlements of Helm's Deep. The Uruk-hai are everywhere, and everything is completely overrun. A band of Uruk-hai runs a Battering Ram into the door of the Hall. A group of Soldiers works to barricade the door. Théoden watches them with despair, "The fortress is taken. It is over."

Aragorn runs to Théoden as Legolas and Desert carry more furniture to the door. "You said this fortress would never fall while your Men defend it. They still defend it. They have died defending it." Aragorn points to the door, helping the elf and woman. Another deafening crunch is heard.

The women and children in the Glittering Caves panic, clinging to each other. Éowyn gives comfort where she can, her mind wandering to the woman who wasn't with them, "Where is Desert!?" Meanwhile, Aragorn looks around the Hall, "Is there no other way for the women and children to get out of the caves?" Théoden stands silently, staring at the floor. Aragorn steps up to the King, "Is there no other way?"

Gamling looks between him and Théoden, "There is one passage. It leads into the mountains. But they will not get far. The Uruk-Hai are too many." The Uruk-hai batter the door once more. Aragorn pleads with Gamling, "Tell the women and children to make for the mountain pass. And barricade the entrance." Théoden looks over to Aragorn and Gamling, "So much death. What can Men do against such reckless hate?"

Another sickening crack is heard at the door. Aragorn thinks a moment, then looks to Théoden, "Ride out with me." He quietly spoke. Théoden turns to him, confused. "Ride out and meet them." Aragorn repeats. Desert walks up to the window, eyes to the East as Théoden and Aragorn speak.

"For death and glory."

Aragorn nods, "For Rohan. For your people."

Desert looks up at the window to the Hall, "The sun is rising." She muttered, already knowing that Théoden was aware of her fighting right on the battlefield. Aragorn turns to the window; the first light of the sun streams through it. The four hunters remembered what Gandalf told them, "Look to my coming at first light on the fifth day. At dawn... look to the east." Aragorn looks back to Théoden with grim determination. The king nods, "Yes. Yes. The horn of Helm Hammerhand shall sound in the deep one last time!" Gimli looks over to them with excitement, "Yes!"

CRUNCH!

The force of the Battering Ram throws Men to the ground. They scramble back up to hold it back. Théoden places his hand on Aragorn's shoulder, "Let this be the hour when we draw swords together." Aragorn nods, understanding fully. Desert turns to Gimli, "Go to the Horn of Helm Hammerhead." She turns to Aragorn, "We need the horses. Gamling," The guard straightens up, "Yes, my lady?" The woman points to the stable doors, "Get the army prepared."

"Right away!" Gamling sprints off, shouting orders to the army as Legolas and Desert quickly follow Aragorn and Théoden to grab the horses as Gimli climbs a stairway to the Horn of Helm Hammerhand at its summit.

The Ram crunches against the door again. Théoden sits on his horse, "Fell deeds awake... now for wrath... now for ruin and a red dawn!" Théoden places his helmet on his head. Gimli blows on the horn... it sounds a deep blast across the depths of Helm's Deep. The Uruk-hai crack through the door and pour into the Hall.

Théoden raises his sword, "Forth Eorlingas!" The Decimated Army on horseback charges out of the Hall. The horses blast out of the Hall under the standard of Rohan. They charge down the roads of the Keep, slicing through stunned Uruk-hai as they ride. Desert rides between Legolas and Aragorn, swinging her sword at the opposing army while also summoning roots from the ground. Gimli continues blowing on the horn, sounding its low blast through the Keep.

They charge out the Main Gate and down the causeway, knocking Uruk-hai off the narrow walkway as they go. They fight bravely as if it were their last stand. Aragorn suddenly looks up to see that between two massive boulders in the light of the dawning sun, a white horse rears on the horizon. Aragorn sighs with relief, "Gandalf." Everyone stops fighting to look up at the East.

Gandalf looks down at the scene below him. Théoden looks up and cheers, making the Uruk-hai turn to face the new enemy. The Uruk-hai outside of Helm's Deep is still quite massive, taking up the entire volume of the plain. Gandalf sits atop Shadowfax, ready, "Théoden king stands alone." Éomer rides up behind him, "Not alone." He draws his sword, "Rohirrim!"

Instantly, a large group of riders emerges from behind the rise, and Théoden smiles, "Éomer." Éomer raises his sword and orders the Rohirrim forward, "To the king!" The Rohirrim and Gandalf charge down the ridge toward the waiting throng of Uruk-hai. Desert glances at Legolas, the two sharing a light grin as the Uruk-hai moves into the position to receive this new threat and ready their lances before them.

As the Rohirrim and Gandalf near the Uruk-hai front line, the sun emerges from behind the ridge and momentarily blinds the opposing army, giving the Rohirrim first strike to overrun them. The three hunters glance at each other before continuing the fight as the Rohirrim and Gandalf fight against the Uruk-hai, quickly decimating their numbers.