Task 3- Medley Tribe

Stephen Rogers:

Our set had just been placed and I found myself shaking with excitement at getting to act out this play, I hadn't know it till recently, but after reading it through, couldn't help but find it hilarious. "Touched by an Alien" was pure genius.

Aspen walked up and I pretended to salute, she smiled, "So, 'commander' is everything ready on set?"

I looked around and nodded, "Yes, captain Aspen."

We took seats across from each other and waited as the cameramen set up, soon enough I saw Jayson and Carol in their cadet uniforms, and Kyle behind them in a green alien costume.

"How was it that I somehow was forced to do this again?" he asked nobody in particular, obviously annoyed at having a none speaking role.

"Because I was the only one who showed at the last task, I got to pick the roles, deal with it," I smirked and turned back while Kyle rolled his eyes and smiled.

Soon enough the camera man signaled for us to start and Aspen and I picked up our fake space equipment to study while behind us, I heard the pounding of feet as Kyle first chased the two 13 year old's, then, again, as they chased him.

"Care for some tea commander?" Aspen asked, looking up, her face sharpened by the hair pulled back in a bun.

"That would be lovely, thank you," as rehearsed, just as I was handed the tea, Kyle ran by and rocketed it out of my hand, putting all his anger into the swing. Carol and Jayson run close behind him.

"How rude," Aspen announces.

"I vote for sub- intelligent life-forms" I add.

"Noted, it does appear to be quite savage," from the corner of my eyes, I see Kyle stick his tongue out from backstage. I see him roll his eyes as the two 13 year old's grab his arm, both quite a bit shorter then him.

"Ye-haw we got one!" Carol cheers, sounding almost robotic hiding behind her lines.

From the other side of Kyle, Jayson adds, "On your knees maggot!" obviously taking pleasure in the line. Kyle pretends to fight as he is forced to his knees.

From my pocket I pull a fake plastic device and wave it in front of Kyle, "Scanning, imaging.... Oh!" Aspen waves her hand to continue, "Special alert from the Inter-galactic shopping network.  That new phase scanner is 50% off this week!" Around me they gather faking interest. As we speak in low tones, Kyle does a weird walk, as if trying to sneak off.

"Who's watching the alien?" Aspen asks, after the allotted amount of time. Carol and Jayson look at each other in a comical way and Jayson pretends to punch Carol. She pouts and makes a show of how much it hurt.

"Get moving!" Jayson says, attempting to put a tone of authority in his voice and failing. Carol stands straighter and tells him to listen to her, as she's an officer. "You're like, 12, how did you become an officer?"

"I'm 13, and I'm not the only one!" she then storms off, obviously taking more offence then the line was suppose too. Jayson looks shocked for a moment then realizes he should stay in character and runs after her.

I look over at Aspen who is in turn looking at me, not wanting us to look like fools, I take my own advice and pretend nothing is wrong, "Well, looks like we will need some new cadets, eh? Can I get another cup of tea now, you know I love tea," I warped the words with my accent and saw her try not to laugh as she nods and hands me another cup.

I had just taken a sip as Kyle walked back on, his costume glittering, "I don't think we got off on the right foot, so I'd like to introduce myself, I'm Alien 1, and I would love some tea if you could spare it."

"Of course," Aspen said and poured another cup, we sat there in silence until the cameraman told us the all clear, I sighed with relief, at least we had stayed in character...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jayson:

Did not hand in.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kyle:

Did not hand in.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Carol:

Did not hand in.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aspen Spencer:

Did not hand in.