Task 2: Medley Tribe

Stephen Rogers:

The camera swayed slightly as the rest of my tribe pushed it into place, for some reason they had made me the headliner, something about how "the girls would go crazy" or something like that. After a moment they stopped and they all jumped on, taking their places. Kyle and Mariah stood high on a platform waiting to dance, and Carol and Jayson behind me, ready to sing harmonies, beside me Aspen stands to the side, ready to sing our duet.

How did I get sucked into this?

"You ready?" she asks me with a flirty smile, she was older then me, but the one year didn't seem to matter much to her. I nodded and swallowed loudly as a cameraman takes his place behind the camera, asking me if we were all ago.

Before giving the go-ahead, I glance around at our full blue float, and our black and white outfits. I couldn't help but notice, that the blue matched my eyes, did they plan that? I had no idea how they did it, Jayson and Carol planned it all out, I was just the showpiece.

I gave him a thumbs up, and pasted a smile on my face, ready to be on camera yet again. I would be the only one the crowd would see, on large screens, until our floats came into view.

"How you doing Hollywood? I'm representing the blue tribe, and we are all giving a big shout out that you think we all deserve to be here!"

The music started from some unseen source, and the camera zoomed between our dancers and the two little singers as Aspen and I took our places.

"I'm really not that good a singer..." she mumbled as she grabbed the microphone between white hands.

'Don't worry, you can do this." I smiled as I lifted my guitar to add to the song, which luckily, didn't already have a guitar playing, it gave off an eerie sound that floated above the rest of the music. Aspen and I stepped forward, and I began singing the main chorus to the song, Aspen adding a perfect harmony.

"I just need you now!"

The song ended just as we were reaching the end of the street, of which stood staring, open-mouthed, silent people. We looked at them for a moment and then, they began cheering, as if we were an award winning, famous group. I turned and began high-fiving the rest of my tribe.

I had seen the amount of work the other tribes had put in, hoping that they could bedazzle the crowd, we didn't do much, just built a simple blue float, and worn smile black cloths.

Sometime's simple is best.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jayson:

Did not hand in.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kyle:

Did not hand in.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Carol:

Did not hand in.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aspen Spencer:

Did not hand in.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mariah:

Did not hand in.

 ________________________________________________

Judges, please send in contestant scores by March 5th.