sunny days / flower crowns

The sun cast rays of molten gold onto the meadow where Frank and Hazel were sitting. She sat cross legged, making a crown of dandelions. She talked as she worked, showing him how to work the knots. A small heap of the yellow tufts lay in front of him. Hazel's head bobbed a little as she spoke. Her curls flounced in the soft spring breeze. Her hands guided his. She smelled of cinnamon and jasmine. 

The grass swayed, brushing against Hazel's legs. Eventually, he managed to join two stems together, then three, then four, and five. Frank worked the final flower into the chain, linking the two ends together, before placing the circlet atop her head. 

She blinked, before placing one of her own flower crowns on his. Frank grabbed the rest of hers, with a yelp of indignation from Hazel's side. He stacked them onto her head as she snatched at his hands. Hazel ripped the crowns from her head and threw them into Frank's face. He chucked the flowers back at her, and then it became a competition of who could throw flowers at the other fastest.

"Frank!" Hazel shrieked, throwing herself into the thick grass. She emerged, her face streaked with dirt, and burst into a fit of laughter, making Frank laugh, and then they were both lying in the grass gasping for breath.

"I'm going to make you a hundred flower crowns." Frank told her.

"Well, you better learn how to do them quick, because at this rate they'll wilt before you get the chance." Hazel's voice was teasing.

"Watch me." Frank taunted. She laughed, and he thought it was the prettiest sound that he would ever hear. They lay there for a long time, barely speaking, watching Apollo make his descent into the horizon. 

hello selene i hope youre reading this im not good at oneshots and romance in general so i hope this is half decent enough. i was inspirationless from the start i just wanted to write something. i'll probably rewrite it at some point.