𝐭𝐞𝐧

third personthe all valley tournament

third person
the all valley tournament

"hayden! there you are!"

hayden jumped, looking over to see robby quickly rush over to her, instantly taking his hands into hers and pulling her close to him. "i was starting to get worried that you left." he dipped down to kiss her, but when hayden slowly moved her head to the side so he kissed her cheek instead, he knew she was still upset.

so, he dropped her hands, taking several steps back and exhaling. "what's wrong?" he asked.

hayden shook her head, running her hands over her face. she let out a long exhale. "i've just been thinking." she answered curtly.

it wasn't the time or place to voice her concerns about cobra kai, especially when they were in the midst of a tournament that they were meant to win. she knew that she didn't want to be apart of something that brought out the worst in her and encouraged violence and chaos. but, to come this far, train her body to death for her not to give it her all in the end?

she was going to continue with the tournament, but not for cobra kai or revenge anymore. she was going to do it for herself, to prove to herself that she's worthy of success and she's not the failure that everyone predicted her to be.

"you kinda ran off on me back there." robby mentioned hesitantly, tilting his head to the side. he had an idea of what might've been running through hayden's head. and after playing the match with kenny over and over again in his head, he, himself, didn't like the side cobra kai was bringing out of him. but what he hated the most, was the nerves he could see in her hayden's eyes as she avoided eye contact with him, her usual playfulness and confidence absent in his presence.

"yeah, i needed air." she lied through her teeth. it wasn't that hayden was mad at robby, because she wasn't. it would be hypocritical for her to be mad. she couldn't blame him for getting lost in cobra kai's influence, because she herself did too.

but she was disappointed that he had continued to put passion in front of principle, especially with kenny. it made her anxious to be around him when he wasn't thinking straight and his priories weren't in order.

she wanted robby to win the championship. of course. but she wanted him to win the right way. the way she knew he knew how to do. because he already almost did it. last year when he fought with honor and made it to the championships with miguel. and she watched him proudly in the stands. somehow, somewhere along the lines, the tables turned and it threw off the worlds equilibrium rules of peace.

"right.." robby trailed off, "but where'd you-"

"and now, our first semifinal match will be miguel diaz of eagle fang versus eli moskowitz of miyagi do."

hayden let out a small sigh of relief. saved by the announcer.

"look, i'm gonna go watch the match, okay? i'll see you later." she turned on her heel, walking away before robby got the chance to say anything else.