𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞

third personwest valley

third person
west valley

the next day, hayden got up earlier than usual for work. daniel mentioned she and robby seeing him before went in.

he said, verbatim "i wanna show you guys something." which sounded creepy in the moment but she knew it was karate related so she was excited nonetheless.

which would lead her to where she was now.

first, daniel had them wax the whole parking lot of cars which hayden thought was a joke until he brought out rags and sponges for them both.

hayden and robby shared skeptical looks but obeyed nonetheless, until daniel stopped them and showed them the correct way of doing so.

right circle, left circle. breathe in, breathe out. right circle, left circle. breathe in, breathe out. repeat.

another look of confusion was shared between the two but hayden followed the set example.

next, they had to raise the american flag from the pole. multiple times. hayden grew more and more confused, especially when she found out there was a correct way to do that as well.

then, he had them clean the window with an ettore. and surprise surprise, there was only one right way to do that as well.

left, one sharp move. right, one sharp move. deep breath, repeat.

their next chore involved putting a jack under a car and pulling the handle to the floor several times. daniel showed them the proper way to do it and she and robby grew frustrated.

they saw no point in all this, and had no idea how this at all involved karate.

after that they ended up mopping, sweeping, stapling papers, and back to waxing the cars.

"i don't see the point in this. this isn't teaching us karate whatsoever." robby told the girl frustratedly, running a hand through his hair.

hayden chuckled slightly, continuing to make big circles on the car. "so impatient," she teased lightly, flicking a piece of rubble towards the boy who rolled his eyes playfully at the girl. a smirk grew on the boys face, "you know what else i'm impatient at?" he threw her a wink.

hayden furrowed her brows, not picking up on the dirty innuendo the boy had dropped until seeing his growing smirk and realizing it was a dirty joke. her nose scrunched slightly and she laughed melodically. "oh my god, robby!" she exclaimed tossing her head back and laughing.

robby grinned widely, proud at that fact that he was responsible for the wide smile on the girls face and her laughs that were like music to his ears.

"you're disgusting," the girl let out one final laugh, wiping the faint tear from her face from laughing so hard. robby grinned back at her, laughing along with the girl.