𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

third personthe sanders' residence

third person
the sanders' residence

the sanders girl sighed when she got home, shedding her bag off her and tossing it in a corner of the room, flopping down to her bed tiredly.

she stared at the ceiling in deep thought, the last two days stuck on replay in her mind. but one thought stuck out to her the most.

she hadn't been on good terms with her boyfriend since the tournament.

and while she knew she shouldn't be so sad about it, she was. even before they were dating, she couldn't stand being on bad terms with miguel.

but the apology text had given her some hope. some hope that they could mend things before it got worse. their relationship hadn't even fully started and she was afraid that it wouldn't if they continued down this path.

she sat up, rubbing her eyes with a soft sigh and looked at her phone again when it dinged.

miguel:)): come to the door.

her brows shot up as she reread the text, wondering if her eyes were playing tricks on her.

she quickly got up, tiptoeing throughout the apartment until she made it to the front door, opening it softly.

low and behold, miguel stood with a fairly large basket in his hands that held an assortment on things. chocolate, fruit, chocolate covered fruit, and some other snacks that made hayden realize how hungry she was.

"hi," he whispered, staring the girl in the eye with an apologetic smile. the girl stepped out with a narrowed eye, closing the door softly behind her.

"hi," she answered shortly, crossing her arms as she stared at the basket. "you know, i'm not the one you should be apologizing to."

miguel's smile slipped at that and he quickly nodded, "i know, but i'm working up to it." he muttered quietly as the two stepped away from the apartment and towards the railing.

hayden tugged at her lower lip, staring at the basket. she still appreciated the thought he'd put into it.

"thank you," she whispered quietly, staring up at miguel who seemed like he was slowly losing faith in her forgiving him.

however, when hearing her gratitude, his eyes lit up and he nodded. "y—yeah. of course." he set the basket down beside him.

the two stood in front of each other in a comfortable silence, enjoying one another's presence and seemingly making up for lost time.

"how are you?" he suddenly spoke, his gaze flickering to her cheek. "your bruise is gone, it healed nicely." he raised a hand, letting his thumb stroke her cheek gently.

hayden leaned into the touch like she always did, a soft sigh escaping her lips. "yeah, i'm fine. you hit like a little girl." she teased, letting a low laugh escape her lips.