𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

third personcobra kai dojo

third person
cobra kai dojo

hayden let out a grunt as she struggled to lift the bar, using her abdomen to push it all the way up and back on the rack.

she let out a huff, sitting up and wiping the sweat from her forehead before leaning over and taking a swig of her water bottle.

catching her breath, she leaned over, setting her elbows on her knees for a few seconds and then laying back down, lifting the weight back up and bringing it down to her chest.

"you should really have a spotter. it's not safe without one."

hayden's muscles tensed at the voice and her jaw clenched as she lifted the weight shakily, setting it down on the rack with a huff.

"you have a lot of nerve showing up here... it's brave, that's for sure." she said, unwrapping the bandages from her fists and looking over at miguel who stood at the doorframe with his hands in his pockets.

he stayed silent, his jaw slacking. "i don't care. i had to see you."

hayden scoffed. "you know, if you get caught there's nothing stopping them from kicking your ass."

a smile quirked at his lips, as if he thought what she said was actually funny. "them, meaning robby? yeah, i'd like to see him try."

hayden narrowed her eyes, standing up. "what do you want, miguel? how many times do i have to tell you no before you get that through your thick skull?"

he responded with his own rhetorical question. "how many times do i have to tell you that i'm not going anywhere? hayden, i was serious when i said i'm going to fight for you. i'm in this, for you."

"okay?" she shook her head. "what are you doing here?"

miguel looked off to the side, before licking his lips. "every time someone says something funny, you're the first person i look to, to see if you're laughing or if you think it's funny." he walked closer.

"the other day, i found out that i'd aced my semester finals, the ones you helped me study for. and i reached for my phone, because you're the first person i wanted to tell... and then i realized that i couldn't."

with crossed arms, hayden bit her lower lip shifting from one foot to the other.

"i can't get you out of my head... trust me, i've tried. i've tried to let you be happy, because i know you deserve happiness. all the happiness in the world, you deserve it all. but i can't help but think you'd be happier with me. i can make you happy. i just— i can't stop thinking about you. day and night, twenty-four seven. you're all that's in my head."

hayden cleared her throat, biting the inside of her cheek before sucking in a breath. "i think you should go."

miguel pursed his lips, nodding. "okay.. but like i said, i'm in. i'm all in. i'm done playing games." he stared her in the eye, his brows knitted together in a serious expression. and then he walked out.