𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

third personwest valley

third person
west valley

to say hayden was nervous would've been an understatement.

her palms were sweaty, continuously wiping them on her jeans throughout the interview. though, in the end she had no reason to be. the interview wasn't hard at all, and she felt like she nailed it.

she was quickly proven correct when amanda stood up from her seat, holding out her hand to officially congratulate her on getting the job.

"you'll start tomorrow. but if you want, you can stick around and get familiar with the place." amanda smiled.

"okay, thank you so much mrs. larusso." hayden nodded before walking out of the office with a victorious grin.

she decided to take amanda up on her offer, not exactly wanting to be home... alone... with no food in the pantry.

she walked around, getting familiar with the cars and observing how some of them work.

eventually, she made her way to the back room where the coffee machines and employees were. she spotted amanda but this time she wasn't alone. instead, she stood with an older man talking to someone.

she couldn't see who it was, considering the two were blocking her view. but she couldn't help but overhear the conversation.

"louis is gonna be handling your work for the rest of the day. right?" amanda said, throwing a look at louis and the tone in her voice insinuating that there was only one right answer.

"yeah." the man answered quietly, though the look amanda sent him made him continue.

"robby, i'm very sorry for yesterdays events. it's been brought to my attention that what i did is considered not to be professional."

hayden furrowed her brows, robby? she was sure it couldn't be her robby. right?

"okay," she heard a familiar voice, and there were no doubts in her mind that that was robby keene.

"thanks." she heard him say, not expecting an apology.

"oh, and we have something for you." she held up a grey shirt, "it's official." amanda smiled, making robby chuckle.

hayden smiled softly as she watched the scene unfold, seeing amanda turn and spot her.

"oh, hey hayden." she smiled, making the three turn their attention towards her.

hayden's smile dropped at the sudden attention, her lips pursed into somewhat of a grin. "hi," she waved.

when robby spotted her, immediately his smile grew and he turned towards her with furrowed brows, confused as to what the girl was doing there.

"come here." amanda motioned, making the girl slowly walk over. "guys, this is hayden sanders. hayden, this is louis and robby. your new co-workers." amanda put her hands on hayden's shoulders, motioning to each boy as she introduced them.