"It looks like it. It could be from an armed guard unit or a Noble family's private army. There are fewer Knights here than last time. The two we damaged in our previous fight aren't here."

My eyes dart back and forth, then I kneel down to feel the cold hard metal of one of the fallen Knights curiously.

I use Appraisal.

[Enchanted Armor Set] +1750 Defense

[Enchanted Long Sword] +1750 Strength

"Look's like we just ran into a gold mine of new gear..."

With money signs practically covering my eyes, I begin opening my item storage and collecting all of the fallen Armor scattered around my feet.

At first glance, while fighting these Knights, it seemed to be shiny pristine gear. Now that I'm getting up close and personal with each one, I see that there are small scratches and dents on some of the pieces.

The stat boosts on this gear are much higher than anything I own. Unfortunately, when I try imbuing mana into the sword and armor set nothing happens. As expected of normal gear.

They aren't even capable of producing mana shields like my armor or MP-imbued attacks like my sword. Whatever the source of their power was before, it gave these items some properties I can't seem to figure out.

"So.... Interesting...."

I place 26 full suits of armor and 26 swords into my item storage while leaving the one that I sliced to pieces behind.

Bri was right, I'll be seeing her sooner than I thought. This time I'll be making some profit.

I smirk, turning back to the large iron door and bursting into flames.

"It's fine to get to the real fight. Come on Ember, how about you open up that door for us."

The black-scaled Dragon grins, then flaps his wings to fly about 10 meters up in the air. With a single fiery blow, dark flames collide with the castle wall and iron door blasting it off its hinges and throwing stone rubble high up into the air.

The dust clears to show a massive gaping hole, the attack busted through multiple walls deep into the castle.

I let out a laugh, running forward to check out the scene. With my sword flaming by my side, I peer into the destroyed castle entrance. Fragments of the large metal door are scattered about and flames crackle on the piles of stone and debris from the blast.

Embers advanced fire magic doesn't go out very easily, just like mine.

I smirk, then take a step into the massive stone structure.

The moment my foot hits the ground, a shiver makes its way up my spine and I activate all my stat-boosting skills along with a view of flames out of instinct.

The dense presence of a malicious beast lurking at the back of the castle feels like it's staring me straight in the face.

I hold my breath and freeze.

Then, it's gone.

My All-Seeing Eye picks up the twisting and fading presence that crawled up my back moments ago. It's in the form of one of the hair-thin mana strands like the ones connected to the Knights. It retreats down a dark hallway and disappears around a corner.

I gulp.

"It senses us... whatever is back there... It knows we're here already."

Ember responds.

"Well, we did just knock down its front door without even ringing a bell."

I chuckle at his response but grit my teeth and continue trying to expand the range of my perception skill.